Quantcast

hippy tech?

talusslope

Chimp
Apr 6, 2007
sst, WA
I just got my forks ('04 Manitou Sherman break out plus) back thought my local shop, and the dang things are all kinds of messed up!:disgust: the 20mm axle is too fat to fit in my hub! :rant: the disk brake adapter is all bent out of shape! and the sides are all skuffed and scratched in new ways! but most of all (I haven't looked in side yet)the travel lock out dunt work!!!!!:plthumbsdown:

So I was wondering if this was to be expected again or if I should try some where else next time? :banghead: also should I try to get "my" axle back, or just machine down this one?

and yes I did hear about the one man operation and Manitou sending all of their work his way.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Jerry Rocks!!!! We send our 5th,Man and RS stuff to him. He is expanding the number of manufacturers lines he works on.

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
just get rid of the manitou it will be the best thing you will ever do. my i even say it will be life changing. and yes i would expect the lock to fail more in the future too. sorry to say its just what they do. and hell yes go get your thru axel back or just get a real fork instead of a tonka version of a fork.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
whats the saying I was told a long time ago...the best way to fix a Manitou is to buy a Marzocchi.....and I side with Jesus on getting your axle back....would you mind if they gave you an old Ross Apollo 3 back instead of your bike?

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Jerry Rocks!!!!
I do? Oh, someone else...

I'm going to agree with Tyler. Fox or rock shox for sure. Both make great products. Fox is a little more expensive, little lighter and stiffer, but RockShox offer a great product at a little lower starting price point.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I just got my forks ('04 Manitou Sherman break out plus) back thought my local shop, and the dang things are all kinds of messed up!:disgust: the 20mm axle is too fat to fit in my hub! :rant: the disk brake adapter is all bent out of shape! and the sides are all skuffed and scratched in new ways! but most of all (I haven't looked in side yet)the travel lock out dunt work!!!!!:plthumbsdown:

So I was wondering if this was to be expected again or if I should try some where else next time? :banghead: also should I try to get "my" axle back, or just machine down this one?

and yes I did hear about the one man operation and Manitou sending all of their work his way.
I might not be following but tell me if I am straight on this...

1) You got your used forks back from a local shop (I assume for some service)
2) The axle is not the one you included when dropping them off? It fit your hub before you took it to them.
3) The disk adapter is bent up? 1st of all how the hell does that happen :)
4) The travel lock out doesn't work (assuming it did before)

Scratches are hard to prove when they are used forks....

I would be asking to check it over again and reservice it or ask for my money back.

knucklebutt

Chimp
Jan 20, 2004
Hippie sighting on the Vet Pro gate in Reno!

I purchased some forks from Lumberjack that were Hippie-ized. Good stuff.

Lumberjack- CX in two weeks?