Quantcast

Hipster observation

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Why do they always carry their bike lock in either pocket or some other inconvenient place when they have their messenger bag to put it in?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
No hating I actually think they ad some fun to the roads and build some cool looking bikes and there are more and more of them here in NY. I just wondered how the trend with the lock in the pocket started as I see it all the time riding in the Park.

If you don't care there are plenty of other great treads in the Lounge to dig into like ignore and rep thread :)

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I ride with my lock in my belt (same as the back pocket) and i can tell you reaching into your back pocket is a hell of allot easier than reaching into your bag, and you don't even notice it's there

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I just wondered how the trend with the lock in the pocket started as I see it all the time riding in the Park.
'cause when you're a messenger it's convenient to be able to reach in your pocket/ass to grab your lock (be it to lock or swing), and everyone knows pure emulation of messengers is the hipsters means to acceptance in life...however, small u-locks have the distinct disadvantage of being unable to lock your frame and wheel to large objects at the same time. i used to mess with a full-sized u-lock on my bag strap, but got tired of my hip getting the sh!t kicked out of it and started to just stuff it in my bag.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
noah and i went for a street ride last night downtown. i haven't been downtown since the rejuvenation has been completed and...OMG...there are now hipsters in my city :rofl:

one pulled up next to us at an intersection and i started laughing...noah asked why, so when the mr. miagi shoe wearing turd left the area i explained to him why i laughed and tried to explain the hipster phenomenon. i had to put it in terms he'd understand: modern day bike hippie :rofl:
there are no bike messengers in camel city.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Methinks Claus is one security code number on the back of the credit card away from a clown bike from Republic-slash-Urban Outfitters.