Quantcast

Hit and Run Driver on My Commute in today.

splat

Nam I am
Got hit by a Car today on the way in :(

I'm OK , Bikes OK

I was pedaling up Oak Hill road , it is a About a 2 mile Gradual Uphill, taking it easy going along , When All of a sudden Ka-pow , on my on my Left shoulder , glass is flying and I am just trying to hold my Bike up, I Look and see this black Pickup with its Side view mirror Smashed , as I am going into some one's front yard where I dumped. I stayed down for a moment taking inventory. Left should hurt a little and my Left arm was Numb. I got back up Looked for the driver and the Dirt Bag kept going ! No where to be seen. I checked my Bike , and was thinking about just proceeding on. when I decided I want a police report about this , so I called 911 and waited for the cops.

The Police arrived , a few minutes later the Ambulance Arrived , they took my Info, Radio'sd the description of the Pickup ( unfortunatly I didn't get his plates and really not that good of a description ) , the Paramedices checked me out I declined the Ambulance. Feeling had come back to my Arm by then, the police made sure I was able to ride and that My Bike worked, and I continued to work. pretty shook, But I'm here. Quite frankly I'm considering myself lucky.

Now my Shoulder is beginning to Ache.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Splat, glad you're ok!

A black pickup truck in need of a passenger side mirror? Call around local auto repair shops and part stores. Its bound to turn up.

Also, if you ride that route daily, keep your eyes out for it. Chances are his daily commute overlaps with yours, so you're bound to see him again (providing you choose to keep riding to work).

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah, sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope that sucker gets hit by a semi.

Keep your eyes peeled for him...massholes are the worst.

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
Phew! That was too close! Thank your lucky stars for sure. I am so glad to hear you made it ok.

I'd Love to find that asshole...do you remember approximatly what house # you were hit at (on Oak street) and what direction were you traveling?

BTW, that pic I took on the chair lift @ Highland came out pretty good, I'll send it over tonight.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Glad to hear you're okay! That totally sucks the guy never even stopped. Now this is a perfect example why I ride DH, riding on the road is WAY too dangerous. Hopefully they find the person and kick his/her ass!!!!!!!!!

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
Glad to hear your ok.
I bet that truck had Mass plates :rolleyes:.
You would have thought that the trip to Highland would of been the place to get injured....

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
what a d*****!

glad that you are ok.

i wonder, is your area relatively unpopulated? maybe a call to some of the repair shops and car dealers might turn something up.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Splat, glad you're ok!

A black pickup truck in need of a passenger side mirror? Call around local auto repair shops and part stores. Its bound to turn up.

Also, if you ride that route daily, keep your eyes out for it. Chances are his daily commute overlaps with yours, so you're bound to see him again (providing you choose to keep riding to work).
:stupid: If you get some time might also hang around the closest auto parts store. Dirt bag might show up there looking to replace his mirror. Glad your okay.:thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That truck probably takes the same route every morning right (assuming the driver was on their way to work)? Have the cops wait in that spot or somewhere close with you by their side tomorrow morning and nail the ****er.

Glad to hear you are okay (for the most part - hope the shoulder is just a bruise) splat.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
That sucks dog crap. Definitely recommend following up with the police.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, I was tagged by a truck mirror once. I started it by doing a staredown contest at a red light with the driver, and it finished with a mexican standoff at the next red light, me with a u-lock, the driver with a car club.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Glad your allright, but I have to point out that this is completely ironic considering your name is Splat. :D
if my sarcasm-meter isn't busted, you need to check a dictionary.

splat - that sux. glad you are ok. i'm guessing that a black truck with a busted side mirror might not be so hard to find.

Jun 12, 2007
Southborough, MA
Geeze John, we were just doing trail work at Nam yesterday. What time in the AM did this happen? Probably came thru downtown Ashland. If he is commuting, he may divert to Rt 85 Southboro or east to Salem End in Ashland for awhile. The ahole was probably on a cell phone or texting. Give me the AM time and I may hang out in the car with my coffee. Hope he doesn't get the mirror fixed right away.

You take care.

Geeze John, we were just doing trail work at Nam yesterday. What time in the AM did this happen? Probably came thru downtown Ashland. If he is commuting, he may divert to Rt 85 Southboro or east to Salem End in Ashland for awhile. The ahole was probably on a cell phone or texting. Give me the AM time and I may hang out in the car with my coffee. Hope he doesn't get the mirror fixed right away.

You take care.
That's what I wanna do! I'd love to catch him! :thumb:

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
damn that sucks but really glad your ok. always take the ambulance ride just to be on the safe side and have the hospital check you out. then you'll have a medical report to go along with the police report and when they catch the lousy MF'er then you have medical reports to use in court if you have any problems.