Quantcast

Hit Bootleg over the weekend

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Went to Bootleg with a fun crew of DH riders this weekend. Had a great time being out. I was just cruising on the 29er, taking my time. The rest of the guys were cruisin too, but their cruisin speeds are way faster than mine.
Here are a few pics.

Me. Off camber rock, skeered to death on my xc tires. Damn things wouldn't grip anything. They were pumped up so hard they were just pingin off everything. Still ended up getting two flat tires. Would've been a lot more fun for me if I had some kind of dual ply grippy tires.

Little drop.

Felipe taking the off camber rock.

Ropelato rollin down the steep rocks near the top. If you haven't seen this kid ride, woah. He was at his cruisin speed, but he was fast as hell. Pumping and getting in pedal strokes where I never would've thought of doing it. This kid is awesome. If you didn't know how bada$$ he is on a bike, you'd never know by talking to him. This kid is one of the baddest riders in the nation right now, and he's also one of the most down to earth and humble people you'll ever meet. Watch out for his air hockey skillz. He's sneaky there too.

A little pre-jump by Craner.

Ripping a turn, showing what Cafe Rio will do to the dust. Ferrt.

Off camber rock

Another young ripper. Cody Kelly. Taking the high line to set up the turn.

If you've ever seen this guy, keep the wives away. They'll leave a puddle where they're standing. Hot Chad rollin in.

Seb with the high line. His mustache gave him some awesome power over the weekend.

David Clark. Another duder taking the crazy high line.

Felipe, out on a sunday stroll, thinking about Sunday School.

Me, doing the little skinny.

Craner hitting the gap. Hot Chad lookin hot and scopin out Craner's rear end.

Hot Chad's virgin run. Lookin hot of course.

Hot Chad followin Craner.

David hitting a double.

Felipe hitting the red one.

Felipe not liking the sun in his eyes.

All in all a fun weekend with some fun people to ride and hang out with. Matt Johnston was with us too, but he was trying to get somebody's gear bag from our room, which we all had checked out of. Next time Matty.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Just got a text from Craner. Apparently on their way home they stopped in St. George for a little ride. He ended up over the bars and smackin the shin on his pedal. 21 stitches. I wanna see some pics of that.

Bootleg was great over the weekend. Pretty empty. I think most people were at the Fontucky race instead.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Nice shots... are the trails in pretty good shape? Haven't been out there in almost a year and Im itching to go again.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
The trails are in really good condition. There are some shudder bumps here and there, but you probably wouldn't notice them as much as I did. I only rode a few trails since my bike wasn't too confidence inspiring out there, but they were in really good condition. The lines don't change too much out there. I hadn't been in 3 years and it was damn near the same from top to bottom on the trails I rode.