Quantcast

Hit with the ugly stick?

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Their old DH bike looked better with the cheesegrater holes in it.

I can almost picture Treks marketing team doing a Herb Powell-esque hair pulling maneuvre when they discover just how hideous these bikes are.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
zedro said:
they look replacable actually, maybe they arent even aluminum?

I thought about that, like maybe they overbuilt the seatstay so the chainstay is less important structurally, easier to replace and less worry about bashing and grinding on it...not sure if that would even work but from Yeti Dher's pic it looks like the stays are welded to the bb and only the rear drop is replaceable. I was also thinking maybe it's supposed to have some kind of soft-tail effect - but then you'd think it would have whimpy seat stays instead... :confused:

It's not what I'm used to seeing so it scares me. :help:

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
surfinguru said:
You guys crack me up. I guess we should all just ride the same bikes and piss on anything that's different? Don't get me wrong, those certainly aren't the most astetically pleasing bikes, but damn, ease up a bit, they are only "proto-types" after all. Sheesh.... :rolleyes: (Too much negativity in the world)

Oh, hey, and DHS, ever seen the e2e for the shock on a Foes Fly?
After reading this thread, they're not necessarily being pissed on because they're different...I mean, in the Session 77 thread, people are complaining about the Session not being different. Other reasons lurk about :sneaky:

Then there's that Foes proto, a huge shock on that thing, but it's okay because it's a Foes.