Quantcast

Hitchhiker's Guide

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've heard about a million bad reviews of it. Of course, I'll still be going to see it, but just about every place that reviewed it, absolutely trashed it.

A

Achtung

Echo said:
Oh, and did anyone else figure out who did the voice of Marvin without looking at the credits?
Yeah I thought it was a great movie, I knew it was Warrick from the moment I heard his voice (didn't know he was in it)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Dirt Merchant said:
Does it do the book(s) justice?
Well it is a movie adaptation, and it happens to be missing one of my favorite quotes (the "I wish I would have listened to my mother when I was young" bit). People who are real die-hard fans of the books and die-hard fans of that "type" of humor might wish it was done a little differently, but I thought they did all right.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Achtung said:
Yeah I thought it was a great movie, I knew it was Warrick from the moment I heard his voice (didn't know he was in it)
Not the dude in the suit, the voice. IMDB was not your friend today :D

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Echo said:
Oh, and did anyone else figure out who did the voice of Marvin without looking at the credits?
I didn't stay through the credits, but it sounded like Alan Rickman.

Agreed - great movie!

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I agree. It was pretty good. It didn't stick to the books/radio show/BBC series, but what they added was very Adams-like. I enjoyed it.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Echo said:
It was professor Snipes from Harry Potter. Hilarious, but I can see why purists were disappointed, even though the screenplay was by Douglas Adams himself.

A

Achtung

Echo said:
Not the dude in the suit, the voice. IMDB was not your friend today :D
Lol obviously, I meant when I heard his voice I knew who it was. I'm sure there was a wee little person in that suit.