N* = # trips around the Sun.

#GetSome
#It'sSnowing
#WhyDoILiveHere

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I would just like to belatedly enter this thread to curse at @Full Trucker for the second worst ride I've ever had, but at least no one died. :D

• TWE shuttle dropped 13 of us off at the top of Kokopelli, with just strong wind as we dropped in.
  • Very light rain on UPS.
  • Heavy hail on LPS.
  • Lunch rock eight of the group decided enough was enough and bailed toward Sand Flats Rd. My wife and I included.
  • Five decided to carry on.
  • Cue thunder, snow, heavy rain, hail, gale force winds.
  • Massive amounts of water running across the roads/trails.
  • Things were ugly and six of the people heading down Sand Flats ditched their bikes in the bushes at various spots and begged for rides from random people back to town.
  • Wife and I rode all the way back to Lions Park.
  • The five who carried on down the trail thankfully survived with hopefully no permanent damage.
  • All ditched bikes were accounted for.

Then Saturday's ride at Amasa was epically good fun in perfect conditions :D

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I would just like to belated enter this thread to curse at @Full Trucker for the second worst ride I've ever had, but at least no one died. :D

• TWE shuttle dropped 13 of us off at the top of Kokopelli, with just strong wind as we dropped in.
  • Heavy hail on LPS.
  • Lunch rock eight of the group decided enough was enough and bailed toward Sand Flats Rd. My wife and I included.
  • Things were ugly and six of the people heading down Sand Flats ditched their bikes in the bushes at various spots and begged for rides from random people back to town.
  • The five who carried on down the trail thankfully survived with hopefully no permanent damage.

Did you have to slide down The Notch on your ass 'cause that clay is greasy as SHIT when it's snowy/wet? :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did you have to slide down The Notch on your ass 'cause that clay is greasy as SHIT when it's snowy/wet? :D
Alas with conditions the group didn't want to split and we Snotch'd. I haven't Notched since 2008.

Getting to Sand Flats from lunch rock had several lethal sections of wet clay covered in a layer of hail.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I would just like to belatedly enter this thread to curse at @Full Trucker for the second worst ride I've ever had, but at least no one died. :D

• Heavy hail on LPS.

That’s a happy birthday present.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Thanks, everyone! Super fun trip to the desert, but as has been said it was not without its challenges. I’ll try and get some pictures together at some point. Super fun crew and some really good rides!