Quantcast

Hmm just a bit of snow up on hwy 35 & ( in the Santa Cruz Mts) today

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
black noise said:
I heard it was snowing on Mt. Diablo too.
That's not that uncommon though for this time of year, unless there was the same amount as in the pics in this thread.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Did you get a new puppy? The Bouvier looks ready to pounce....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Dog Welder said:
Hey Eric ..you still doing the Volunteer FF gig?...after a nearly 3 year struggle...I'm am 4 days away from completing probation.
Congrats Man....welcome to the club

I'm going on 3 years of active duty, going for my Operators Cert this year. I have EVOC, Extrication, Commanding the Initial Response and Low Angle Rescue left to take and then its drivers seat for this firefighter

new years 2006
We responded to a Ford Explorer that was fully engulfed in flames on Hwy 9 just before dark. The flames started in the engine compartment burned through the firewall and burned all the way back to the rear cargo compartment before we stopped it....It took 1000 gallons of water [emptied both engines] and 3 rounds of air bottles to put it out [toxic fumes] way cool to don our SCBA's knock it down with water [foam pump on 1762 wouldn't work] then use pry tools to dig down to the burning areas encased in melted plastics.
SUV was a total loss but at least the driver was unhurt
Pic's start with the second round of air bottles when the engineer had enough time to snap off some shots.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
What are those 45min MSA bottles? Yeah I recently got a 8 car fire in a parking structure where we had to pull every foot of 4in and 2.5 off the rig. 3 man engine sucks balls. We had to enlist the help of mall security to pull hose. F150s got a recall on cruise controls that catch on fire...which was the case with this one. Fun part though was that I got to put the wet stuff on the red stuff for a good solid 45 minutes. Those little dink CDF engines are cool. 4wheel drive and pump and run. So are you with the CDF? or another municipal department?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Dog Welder said:
What are those 45min MSA bottles? Yeah I recently got a 8 car fire in a parking structure where we had to pull every foot of 4in and 2.5 off the rig. 3 man engine sucks balls. We had to enlist the help of mall security to pull hose. F150s got a recall on cruise controls that catch on fire...which was the case with this one. Fun part though was that I got to put the wet stuff on the red stuff for a good solid 45 minutes. Those little dink CDF engines are cool. 4wheel drive and pump and run. So are you with the CDF? or another municipal department?
Santa Cruz County Fire, but we use CDF for dispatch. Up here on the ridgeline of the Santa Cruz Mts it alternates CDF station, County Fire Station etc. We all respond jointly to incidents, as like you we run 3up and additional engines are usually 15-20 minutes away the next nearest stations to mine is 8 miles north or 10 miles south

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Woa! I grew up (and my parents still live) a stones throw away from Burrell Fire Station off Highland. Same mountains, different neck of the woods. Did it snow on Saturday morning? Who knows, maybe Mom and Dad got to make some snowmen!