Quantcast

Hmm, no mention of this or that

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
$tinkle said:
let's see: in the span of - what - 2/3 hrs among a handful of threads you called bush a liar (1), equated right-wingers to hitler (2), and for the hattrick invoked the good name of halliburton (3)

give this monkey a custom title!!! something like "progressive moonbat", or "righteously indignant", or the alarmist "BUSH LIED!!! I DON'T RIDE!!!"
Let's see:

Bush lied about the Niger yellowcake in his State of the Union Address - It was a known fact that the "attempts" by Iraq to buy yellowcake were completely false when Bush gave the address - therefore he lied - it's based on the definition of giving a false statement, that one knows to be false
this is ONE example of Bush lying
another would be my aforementioned Social Security lie by Bush - the Heritage Foundation did the study that suposedly supported the idea that African Americans don't benefit as much as whites due to shorter lifespans - problem is it's false, an audit by the acutaries at SS admin found it to be false as did the Government Accounting Office...

I equate those who would throw out the 1st Amendment protections of free speech with brownshirts because it is a good comparison - Nazis got rid of free speech as soon as they siezed power - so yes, an apt comparison

Haliburton's track record of bribing foreign nationals for contracts is established case law - Haliburton's illegal "no bid" contracts is a matter of public record as is their overcharging the US for fuel oil in Iraq and many other things

finally, I have a ridemonkey name, I'll stick to it - from what I've seen YOU have had a little too much time of your own not spent riding - you don't know me, you don't know what I do or anything else about me - so why not limit your attacks to my politics and statements thereto and attempt to refute, rather than attempt to denegrate someone you know nothing about?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Macrider said:
Let's see:

Bush lied about the Niger yellowcake in his State of the Union Address - It was a known fact that the "attempts" by Iraq to buy yellowcake were completely false when Bush gave the address - therefore he lied - it's based on the definition of giving a false statement, that one knows to be false
this is ONE example of Bush lying
let's see:

here's a few excerpts from the reivew of intelligence of wmd:
  • 493. In early 1999, Iraqi officials visited a number of African countries, including Niger. The visit was detected by intelligence, and some details were subsequently confirmed by Iraq. . . .
  • 494. There was further and separate intelligence that in 1999 the Iraqi regime had also made inquiries about the purchase of uranium ore in the Democratic Republic of Congo. . . .
  • 497. In preparing the dossier, the U.K. consulted the U.S. The CIA advised caution about any suggestion that Iraq had succeeded in acquiring uranium from Africa, but agreed that here was evidence that it had been sought.
  • 498. The range of evidence described above underlay the relevant passage in the Prime Minister's statement in the House of Commons on 24 September 2002 that: "In addition, we know that Saddam has been trying to buy significant quantities of uranium from Africa, although we do not know whether he has been successful."
  • 499. We conclude that, on the basis of the intelligence assessments at the time, covering both Niger and the Democratic Republic of Congo, the statements on Iraqi attempts to buy uranium from Africa in the Government's dossier, and by the Prime Minister in the House of Commons, were well-founded. By extension, we conclude also that the statement in President Bush's State of the Union Address of 28 January 2003 that "The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa" was well-founded.
  • 500. We also note that, because the intelligence evidence was inconclusive, neither the Government's dossier nor the Prime Minister went on to say that a deal between the Governments of Iraq and Niger for the supply of uranium had been signed, or uranium shipped.
  • 501. We have been told that it was not until early 2003 that the British Government became aware that the U.S. (and other states) had received from a journalistic source a number of documents alleged to cover the Iraqi procurement of uranium from Niger. Those documents were passed to the IAEA, which in its update report to the United Nations Security Council in March 2003 determined that the papers were forgeries. . . .
  • 503. From our examination of the intelligence and other material on Iraqi attempts to buy uranium from Africa, we have concluded that:

a. It is accepted by all parties that Iraqi officials visited Niger in 1999.

b. The British Government had intelligence from several different sources indicating that this visit was for the purpose of acquiring uranium. Since uranium constitutes almost three-quarters of Niger's exports, the intelligence was credible.

c. The evidence was not conclusive that Iraq actually purchased, as opposed to having sought, uranium and the British Government did not claim this.

d. The forged documents were not available to the British Government at the time its assessment was made, and so the fact of the forgery does not undermine it.
the most notable proponent of the bush-lied-about-yellowcake was none other than joseph wilson. You want to talk lies? i got those i spades.
macrider said:
another would be my aforementioned Social Security lie by Bush - the Heritage Foundation did the study that suposedly supported the idea that African Americans don't benefit as much as whites due to shorter lifespans - problem is it's false, an audit by the acutaries at SS admin found it to be false as did the Government Accounting Office...
you're killin me with the "he said, she said"; do link to both of these, or just highlight relevant parts
macrider said:
Haliburton's track record of bribing foreign nationals for contracts is established case law
link?
macrider said:
Haliburton's illegal "no bid" contracts is a matter of public record
as soon as you demonstrate your understanding of no-bid contracts, i'll re-engage you on this (hint: you nor i nor starbucks nor santa cruz can bid on halliburton's contracts)
macrider said:
finally, I have a ridemonkey name, I'll stick to it - from what I've seen YOU have had a little too much time of your own not spent riding - you don't know me, you don't know what I do or anything else about me - so why not limit your attacks to my politics and statements thereto and attempt to refute, rather than attempt to denegrate someone you know nothing about?
deal.
i'll wait until i get to know you better