Quantcast

Hmmm...Body armor??

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
Hi,
There is probably a post here somewhere that addresses this, but I can't find it. I need a new pressure suit. I currently have a 661 medium guy's short-sleeve assault suit. It doesn't fit well (too big) and I usually accessorize with arm/elbow pads that never seem to stay in place when I fall. I've had it for about 3/4 years now. I am a tallish (5'9") woman -- pretty muscular/athletic build. I know that it would be best to try a bunch of suits on, but not too many stores here carry such things.
One of my major questions is, does spending the extra $100 - $200 on a dainese make it worth it? Or does something like a $150 Rockgarden pressure suit cut it? I would consider myself an expert-level racer, so I do hit some nasty things and have some nasty falls. My current suit has limited spine protection and that does worry me. Any thoughts? (I saw the women's rockgarden suit marked down online -- but I am afraid it would be too small and petite for me -- any thoughts there?)

thanks!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Hi,
There is probably a post here somewhere that addresses this, but I can't find it. I need a new pressure suit. I currently have a 661 medium guy's short-sleeve assault suit. It doesn't fit well (too big) and I usually accessorize with arm/elbow pads that never seem to stay in place when I fall. I've had it for about 3/4 years now. I am a tallish (5'9") woman -- pretty muscular/athletic build. I know that it would be best to try a bunch of suits on, but not too many stores here carry such things.
One of my major questions is, does spending the extra $100 - $200 on a dainese make it worth it? Or does something like a $150 Rockgarden pressure suit cut it? I would consider myself an expert-level racer, so I do hit some nasty things and have some nasty falls. My current suit has limited spine protection and that does worry me. Any thoughts? (I saw the women's rockgarden suit marked down online -- but I am afraid it would be too small and petite for me -- any thoughts there?)

thanks!
I have a Rockgarden Ladies Flak Jacket and it's well made. I personally am 5'4" and a size 10 (clothing) and wear a small flak jacket. They do offer a medium that is a little longer (another woman I rode with had a medium and she is taller & thinner than I am and it was fine for her). Is there any chance you can try one on?

For what it's worth, I have heard wonderful things about the Dainese armor too. I don't ride enough to rationalize the cost, but it sounds like you might.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I personally feel that the quality of Dainese can't be beat and that the extra $100-200 to get one, if financially viable, is worth it. They last a really long time if properly cared for, and I have found that they stay in place better and fit more streamline than other brands. The workmanship is obvious if you have the Dainese side by side with other brands and because of this you can see how they would hold up better in a crash, and over time. I'm 5'4", 130 lbs and not tiny nor huge in the chest department and a small dainese fits me really well.