Quantcast

Hmmm...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So my buddy opens a small bike shop back east. I send him a little business, have him rebuild a wheel (He is a great wheel builder...), buy some small stuff from him etc. So awhile back he says "Hey want a shop jersey?" I am thinking he is going to comp me one to race in, but then he quotes me a price. I figure what the heck, and throw him the dough. This was in the eraly spring. As he was ass deep in snow then I waited patiently. And waited, and waited and waited. Then I waited a bit more. As of today, still no jersey and no communication from him regarding same.

Burning his place down is a little bit of an extreme reaction, also impractical as he is half a country away. But to do nothng also does not work.

How do some clowns stay in business? He is a good friend (Always been a bit of a mooch though...) great mechanic and wheelsmith, but a clown of a business man.

Guess he mooched me out of $70...

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I hope my "good friends" don't post up that I'm a mooch or a clown. I hope they are just "friends".

Either way...bummer. I understand the paying for it part, but not the not talking to you about it. Have you tried to contact him???

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I hope my "good friends" don't post up that I'm a mooch or a clown. I hope they are just "friends".

Either way...bummer. I understand the paying for it part, but not the not talking to you about it. Have you tried to contact him???

But yeah, bike folk tend to be a little less than savvy.

Bohn bohn bohn!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Loco, I bet your friends call you all sorts of things. I have tried to contact him...but he is hard to find. What it comes down to is he is just a lousy businessman, and I am out of sight, out of mind. Sent him a message on the FB last night, and the identical email today. We will see what happens...

I like Snadwichs idea, but as I am half a country away, and preparing to move halway around the world, not very practical.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Burn it to the ground.

I pre-paid for my Rock Gardn flack jacket and 2 days later the shop (Trailhead Cycles) was closed for good. Haven't seen or heard from Bernie since. An "oh by the way, I am closing up the shop and skipping out on the money I owe Norco in a couple days, might want to get it online" would have been nice.

Have you tried to contact him???
What is this thread for?

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Loco, I bet your friends call you all sorts of things. I have tried to contact him...but he is hard to find. What it comes down to is he is just a lousy businessman, and I am out of sight, out of mind. Sent him a message on the FB last night, and the identical email today. We will see what happens...

I like Snadwichs idea, but as I am half a country away, and preparing to move halway around the world, not very practical.
My friends call me pretty. :D

Sucks he's doing that. Not the right thing, for sure.