Quantcast

Ho ho ho...open up ya door.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Secret santa comes through with the goods! Thank you Secret Santa!!!!

I think I know who my SS is but my wife threw the box out before I could check the shipping label and verify. I think I know who you are but if you could confirm so I can say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!, that would be great.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Mike B. said:
You're welcome Ciaran.

I hand crafted the shakers so I hope they work out for you. A little tough to fill but I think you'll figure it out.
Oh, woah, they're salt/pepper shakers? I thought they were hubs that Ciaran, for whatever reason, had disassembled :p

Very cool, nice job.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Mike B. said:
You're welcome Ciaran.

I hand crafted the shakers so I hope they work out for you. A little tough to fill but I think you'll figure it out.
Thank you!!!

I thought it was you but I wanted to make sure. My wife and I LOVE the S&P shakers. She had never seen any made out of hubs before and thinks that they are the coolest thing ever. You did an excellent job making them. :thumb: I have broken sooo many plastic tire levers and the hollow pin chain is just :drool:!

Thank you again!

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I use my Intense levers religiously so those were a given and we only keep hollow pin chains on hand so again, that was an easy one.

Just wanted to post a close up of the shakers I took before shipping them off. I had a lot of fun making them and doing the SS thing in general so I'm glad it all worked out.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Where on earth did you get the tops for the S+P shakers in the diameter you needed? Or is it one of theose freak 'same size' dealies?

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Changleen said:
Where on earth did you get the tops for the S+P shakers in the diameter you needed? Or is it one of theose freak 'same size' dealies?
I made my way through about 6 different craft or kitchen stores to find some existing shakers I could tear apart and modify. Some handy work with the dremel and they made for a pretty decent press fit. The tops will never fall out.

I'm going to make myself a set using a polished American Classic for the salt and a black ano'd American Classic for the pepper.