Quantcast

hobbies/money pits other than biking?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I loved the way it handled when I drove it, but the wife wanted the Rogue and I wasn't having it.

But I would take a Murano if I had the extra cash to burn on something of status.
we drove a Rogue around as well and while it was a bit more nimble than the Murano, i thought the CVT wasnt used to the best of its abilities in that car. plus the Murano is significantly bigger.

price isnt too big of a issue since we are buying from a dealer auction and obviously trading our A4 for in it. most used '07's we've been seeing at around $17-19k for the SL's.

already have a hitch ordered and selling my roof rack setup for a NSB rack

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Oh, and the things required to have an Audi are:

-Time AND 100% confidence that you can pull an engine at any given time
OR
- Lots and lots and lots of money

:eek:

But once you acquire one of those 2, they're the best cars eva!
Considering I live in the city and have no garage access at the moment I would need to have lots and lots of money which wasn't going to be a problem if I sold my current car because I was going to net between 4-5k. But I plan on doing the entire GE series next year which means lots of money and lots of driving. So rather than purchase a new money pit I'll stick with my old money pit...bikes.

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
I want a KTM so bad. I saw one on craigslist for $1000, but I have to pay taxes in a week and do the brakes on the Audi :(

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
No I like taking a bone stock, albeit a extremely capable bone stock, vehicle up stuff that others take buggies up. I rolled up on some Jeepers the other day and they seemed shocked to see me where I was.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Yea, I'm not very excited about the reliability but this one already has the turbos replaced along with a lot of other work. Why is it so hard to find a decent wagon in the US?
I'm looking at one of these for the Wifey-poo:

2008 535 Xi Wagon... with AWD of course.
:thumb:

Was thinking maybe the A6 wagon, but talked to our mechanic and he steered us away from it. Cheap plastic parts that are still hard to get ahold of.