Quantcast

Hobby Park race

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
According to the Cane Creek site it's getting close.
Can't find a flyer online. Mike?
Based on the success of the DH bike class last year will there be another one this year?

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
hey i am riding a fox fork, i love the thing for djs and urban and ****, anyway i do think it is oct 1st. thats what everone said so i am going with that for right now

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Oct 1st is right. Should start the bobcat next week. Anybody have any suggestions, that don't involve building an actual hill for the course.:biggrin: Hopefully it will keep raining once in a while.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Oct 1st is right. Should start the bobcat next week. Anybody have any suggestions, that don't involve building an actual hill for the course.:biggrin: Hopefully it will keep raining once in a while.
just don't forget the step-up over the fire pit!

what are you plans with the 4 pack? it's too small to double now. gonna make it a triple and build up the hip thingy?

how hard would it be to move the finish line table back about 5-10' w/ the bobcata? that thing could be a showtime type of thingy if you had a little more time to set up for it and tweaked the lip a bit.

let us know when you'll have the bobcat. i'm on 2nd shift all this month so if i'm working that day i can at least help out in the morning.

the doubles in the woods need some serious love, pretty worn out but still makeable. i think we should definitely keep them there though, helps split the classes a bit.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Hey Mike what is the start times for the XC and slalom?

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Terry, how are your trails doing these days?
The dual course looks awsome. The collegiate race went down on a semi-wet surface and now the course is hard and fast. The DS is in the finishing stages and we only finished one HUGE DJ near the bottom, but dirt is in place for shaping for six more smaller jumps. Oh and there are some other jumps (small) that are something other than DJ's.
With the trails this is a small bike heaven! Maybe soon I will be able to ride it too!

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
is hobby ridable now. Jacob and I are thinking about coming there weds to ride. but i also need directions from greensboro, i forgot how to get there

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
The dual course looks awsome. The collegiate race went down on a semi-wet surface and now the course is hard and fast. The DS is in the finishing stages and we only finished one HUGE DJ near the bottom, but dirt is in place for shaping for six more smaller jumps. Oh and there are some other jumps (small) that are something other than DJ's.
With the trails this is a small bike heaven! Maybe soon I will be able to ride it too!
If you can ride before the weather gets bad let's coordinate a day at the slalom course.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
is hobby ridable now. Jacob and I are thinking about coming there weds to ride. but i also need directions from greensboro, i forgot how to get there
dude, you seriously need to write stuff down. how many times have you followed me to sugar/dark mountain and still can't get there by yourself? oh yeah...and the pit too! dude! c'mon man, i'll get you a pad and paper as a belated b-day present.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Since the race is on sunday I plan on getting up there as early as possible saturday. The only thing is Katie is running XC and if she has a meet we have to wait for her.
The kids and I want to get over to CP for some riding if time permits.
Anyone else want to join in? I should have a good idea of when the XC meet will finish before then so we can plan a time.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Ok, it has been a long time sense I have last been there. How do I get there off I-85 coming from Greenville. I am going to try to come up. I had lots of fun at the last race I did there a few years back there. Will there be a cross-country DH race?

Cecil

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
dude, you seriously need to write stuff down. how many times have you followed me to sugar/dark mountain and still can't get there by yourself? oh yeah...and the pit too! dude! c'mon man, i'll get you a pad and paper as a belated b-day present.
hey i cant remember directions all that well. i always forget or do something wrong. but i still need directions.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
you've never been to hobby? oh..i thought i met you out there one day. hmmm, ok, it's kinda like your going to dark mountain but REALLY different :D

40 west to peters creek pkwy exit
right at the light toward the McD's which will be on your right.
right on clemmonsville Rd, will be an off ramp type of deal. there will be a newer looking gas station and a wendys on your right at the light before you make the turn onto clemmonsville rd. i think there is a shopping center on the left there as well.
once on clemmonsville rd...turn left at first light onto OLD SALISBURY RD. Then take a right at the next light which is clemmonsville rd again (same name, different section of the road)
you'll go through a light with a gas station at the corner. hobby park will be about 1/4 - 1/2 mile past that on your right. brown sign with a steep paved hill. DS course is at the end of the driveway on the right. XC trails start at the top of the hill.

sorry cecil....no XC DH course this time around. ;)
of course back then....the rock garden seemed gnarly to me

and you can't forget the good 'ole roof drop

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
college does not symbolize a persons level of "smartness", just their ability to pay for a piece of paper that says they sat through enough classes taught by professors who have been in academia to long to know what the "real world" is like.

but josh...we're just pickin' man ;)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
yup... "smartness"
I suppose that UNCG has yet to inform you that quotations are commonly used to annotate dialect and colloquialisms, ie: “smartness” as an urban dialect for “educated” or “well-learned”.

And josh…stew was referring to john in reference to the college thing; which is a moot point anyway since john hasn’t finished high school yet. It’s like making fun of a 10 year old for not having any pubes.

college does not symbolize a persons level of "smartness", just their ability to pay for a piece of paper that says they sat through enough classes taught by professors who have been in academia to long to know what the "real world" is like.

What college are you talking about, because maybe I should have gone there if all I had to do was sit through classes:brow:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
If you didn't notice theres a chatter thread on the forums page
for all you girls worried about pubic hair and nails and what not
I would like to come on a thread now and then and
actually read about that subject without having to weed
through all this girly nonsense
I thought this thread was for the ds race at hobby
someone always has to take it there no matter what
the thread is about! Get a life, if you're board ride a
bike!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
bike!
:cheers: Back to the Race!!!! Chuck are you coming? It will be great to see you.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
bike!
AHH HHAAHH! Chuck is dead serious. He's got his game face on and wanting the prize at Hobby since he took a digger at Snowshoe. Bet you're gonna be bringin' the pain at Hobby bro!! Oh...and how the F!!! do I get riding gear as cool as yours??? You pimp!!!:brows:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
sorry to assist in derailing the thread. some people just get a little tit hurt at a little jesting :rolleyes:
anyway.....thought i'd throw in a pic here and there to stoke the late season race motivation fire.
motomike stealth fighter style on his M3

everybody's favorite guy....Andy Devault

moto giving aaron a head start to keep the crowd semi-guessing :D

me boosting after realizing that i wasn't going to catch him anyway ;)
i forget your name bro but you smoked me...then i beat you at drk mountain.....tiebreaker at hobby this year ? :D :D

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yeah yeah, I was just trying to point out the gossip thread
available, the chatter here wasn't that bad I just
see it on every thread that is for info, sorry to be a biotch!
I will be dere! hope to see a good crowd of folks
maybe some dhers since theres a bigun bike class?
its always funner when there are lots of friends to
rip it wid!
OAKLEY hooks it up Butch got to give em props! thanks

Cecil been seein you here on the monkey hope
to see you rippin at Hobby!