Quantcast

**Holiday Week Monday GMT**

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Monday, monkeys! This three day work week can't go by fast enough. This past weekend was a busy one. The only real highlights were MBC's company picnic on the shore Friday, where we drank beer and ate lobster and clams, then the only riding we managed was yesterday morning with MMcG at the local convenience spot.

We're heading up to Kingdom Trails Thursday for loooong weekend of riding and beering, beginning with a stop at the Harpoon brewery. :happydance:

MBC gave me an early birthday present yesterday...a new front wheel! Mavic EX721 rim with Hope Pro II hub. Same setup she bought me for a rear wheel this last Christmas. :banana:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My week is waiting for the weekend.

Tom Waits in Atlanta on Saturday.

Boris in Carborro NC on Sunday.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I got my ass kicked not once or twice, but 3 times at mountsnow saturday.

SuperD: Basically a tame DH course with 2 climbs & an uphill lemans mass start. Pretty fun but my xc hardtail was not the best choice. And holeshot is key, other wise lots of people crashing to get stuck behind.
ShortTrack: My 1st ST race. In related news I have retired from ST racing.
HillClimb: Started a few minutes after the ST, it was shorter then I expected, but still plenty painful. The folks that skipped the ST destroyed the rest of us.

And just to round out the day I decided to do one lap of the XC course. Man that is one nasty loop, good luck to the beginners racing it at Nationals.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning peeps! :) Good weekend. Spent Fri. evening at a neighbor's house watching the kids swim in their pool and drinking gin and tonics. Sat. we made a spur of the moment decision and packed up the car and drove to Boston. Took the kids to the New England Aquarium and did the Quincy Market/Fanieul Hall thing. Kids had a blast! Yesterday was spent relaxing in general. Did some work around the house.

Tri-geek road ride tonight, 11 year wedding anniversary on Friday and racing at Plattekill w/ Jim Mac on Sat. and Sunday!! Wooohooooo!!!! :banana:

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Morning Monkeys. Had a great ride yesterday with some motivation to go faster in the form of thunderclouds rolling in. Got a good couple hours of trail time in before I had to high tail it out of there though. Post ride meal: big ass steak bomb mmmm:drool:

Only a two day week for me this week. Heading up to the inlaws North of Syracuse tomorrow night for the rest of the week. Should be a good time, get to relax a bit and get away from work. Looks like there will be some golf in my future too! :clapping:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Doug, XC hardtail at Mt. Snow??? :banghead:

Took the weekend off of riding to give my aching body a rest (multiple upper back repetitive motion injuries only made worse by riding/baby carrying). Went to the Old Songs Festival on Saturday, which was a good time - a lot of Celtic music, got E-1 some egg shakers and little Maracas - he loves percussion!

Sun = chores, then off to the garage to do some tire swaps/work on das DH rig for 3 daze of racing & riding this upcoming weekend with Tigg at Splatterkill.
Tigg - it's the same course for Sport/Ex/Pro, so we can do runs together! :cheers: (Usually seperate courses) - supposed to be fun/fast, no big drops but one nasty chute! Weather thus far looks oddly rain free!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good weekend. Got up early on Saturday and Hiked up Old rag just as the sun was coming up. Goin early was a good idea. There was probably a 100 cars in the lot on our way out. Scored some free tickets to the Modest Mouse show last night.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MBC took this picture of me yesterday going up a rock. Stupid blurriness.
Flash and/or Pan

and i'm not talking about the Aussie new wave band.

i've started the holidays early...we are off this week, and up @ winnipesaukee. yesterday it rained quite a bit, cleared in the afternoon, then rained again. today is nicer. off to go swimming w/ the boys.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
We are gearing up to backpacking at the end of the week. I can't wait. We're bringing the dog so it should be extra fun.

We just got news of our award for the five year grant, so our pilot officially ends today and tomorrow I get to start making this project better! I can't wait but it is going to be a hectic week and my long weekend will be much deserved.

I spent all day yesterday cooking. It was fun but now I am tired.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
This rain sucks. I havent been on my mountain bike in weeks, almost months. Of course its looking nice this week, but I wont be able to ride.

Looking forward to a 4 day weekend. Im heading to DC to spend the weekend with my brother. Watching fireworks over the Washington memorial will be sweet.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Doug, XC hardtail at Mt. Snow??? :banghead:
I had to pick from XC hardtail, rigid SS, or the super bobbing DH rig (which would have been really painful on the fire road climb)

in the 1st heat you should have saw this one dude wreck on a drop maybe 200 feet into the course....endo/body slam/tires exploding crazyness - once I realized he didnt die I laughed pretty hard.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Morning guys. I worked Friday and Saturday, but it was the typical thing and nothing to cry over. My roommates parents had a birthday part for my roommate and I went to that but nothing exciting happened at that because my roommate only wanted to stay for two hours.

On a more interesting note there is a truck in the parking lot right now that has a mint condition K2 full suspension bike in the back of it with an old Proflex fork on the bike.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I had to pick from XC hardtail, rigid SS, or the super bobbing DH rig (which would have been really painful on the fire road climb)

in the 1st heat you should have saw this one dude wreck on a drop maybe 200 feet into the course....endo/body slam/tires exploding crazyness - once I realized he didnt die I laughed pretty hard.
Was the Super D course similiar to: off Canyon lift, Big slab rock section to singletrack to slick rock highway to ???

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had a good weekend.

Had some wood fired flatbread at Flatbread in Canton, CT on Friday night. Did a ton of yard work on Saturday. Did the ride with MBC, IAB and MBC's cousin and hubbie on Sunday morning, followed by another pass of the front lawn with the mower. I also watched a lot of soccer on Sunday. Congrats to Spain on their Euro 2008 championship.

Did some weights this morning along with a series of ab excercises to try and work off some of the flab in me belly this morning. Working now, but maybe riding after work weather permitting.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I had a great weekend. Drove up to Killington friday night, and camped near the mountian. Rode all day saturday. It started pouring as we were heading out. We got back to the camp site, unpacked, and went out to eat. Went back to the campsite, hung out in the lean-to. Got up the next morning, and it was still raining. Decided to bag riding for the day and go home. We stop at a gas station off 88, and it occurs to one of the other guys that we're pretty close to Platty. We head over there, the sky is clear, trails are dry, and we ride.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning all! Good weekend, lots of riding and I'm disturbed that it was all on pavement. Hmmm, since I got the Giant FCR, it seems I've taken to this road thing. Lots of riding to LBS/Coffee bar. Had a sudden urge for espresso the other day, not sure why.

Long weekend coming up, my son leaves for Scout camp Sunday, I join the Troop next Wednesday up in the Poconos.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Morning.
Great weekend. Escaped the heat of Phx and did a 5 hour ride in Flagstaff, up in the woods. So nice to see green instead of brown. Lots of climbing, bomber downhill followed by burgers and brews.

Might be switching jobs, opportunity came out of nowhere, stoked about that.

Against rational thought, did some bike shopping as well.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
"morning" all

i say morning because i just woke up. for some reason i was unable to sleep last night so i ended up going downstairs to watch tv and passed out around 5ish. i also think i have a cold because i'm very congested and claritin did not help.

the beginning of the week is a holiday for me, but i have to work thursday, friday, saturday. so any 4th of july plans that i might be presented with are immediately shot down.

but, i'm still pretty pumped about this week. heading up to whitehorse ledge in north conway tomorrow for some climbing. if the weather ends up being less than ideal i think we'll just do some hiking. either way, i should have a camera with me so expect some pictures tomorrow night or wednesday.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Riding all afternoon. We had a 'rideathon' on the Pleney DH track. How many runs can you do in 2 hours. The lifties and everyone were right into it. telling people to shift aside so the competitors could get to the front of the lift line. Everyone was cool about it.

Rules were: No chain and must stick to the main line. other than that, go for it.

Chris Kovarik managed to start his 10th run as the clock ticked over to the 2nd hour. So did Wyn Masters.

So technically, 9 is the record, but 10 could be done.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
SS, rode as in wheels or planks?

I worked like a dog Wednesday through Sunday (started internship Wednesday on one of the surgery services, vascular / thoracic). Over five days I worked 72 hours including 30 straight Saturday morning through Sunday noon.

Ugh.

But now, randomly, I have a week of vacation. I'm on the amtrak to Portland now. Going to catch a few (classical and jazz trumpet) concerts at the Monette shop before heading north to catch up on sleep.