Quantcast

@@@ Holiday? what effing holiday?@@@

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
We'll, it's 'family day' in some parts of Canada. It's not a day off from work, so I have to book a day. Decided to cram in a bunch of appointments for the kids, so I can use sick leave instead of vacation...

Grim and grey here. It wouldn't have been a great day to spend outside anyways...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I thought it was Mattress Sales Day in freedumland?

Surprised to not wake up in Kansas with the wind outside overnight, hopefully I'll continue not inhabit the flatlands through today.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holiday. Really hoping I can pickup my wheels today, so I can build the bike.

Looks like a riding spot down on Lake Erie has dry dirt...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Despite being a state employee I do not get today off. (Do get comp days to use flexibly for MLK day and Juneteenth at least.)

/me is working at Colorado Center today. Which means Thai Pot Cafe is in order.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
New bike arrived and everything looks like its in good shape. Still debating if I should upgrade wheelset to something lighter but same width. Current is 1890g with tape so on the porky side and with some inhouse hubs. I have never been disappointed with a wheel upgrade and better to sell the one on the bike before I start riding the bike.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Should get an offer today, so I got that going. My welding was meh yesterday. My welds aren't bad, but stuff doesn't fit.

Mock up pieces, check fit, tack, recheck fit, weld, doesn't fit.

Tack pieces while on the part, weld, doesn't fit.

Build cage around box, take box out, can't get box back in. :panic:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Morning Monkeys.

Should get an offer today, so I got that going. My welding was meh yesterday. My welds aren't bad, but stuff doesn't fit.

Mock up pieces, check fit, tack, recheck fit, weld, doesn't fit.

Tack pieces while on the part, weld, doesn't fit.

Build cage around box, take box out, can't get box back in. :panic:
You need a bigger hammer to help the parts fit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. President's Day is a bank holiday, so I'm "off" today. That's just theoretical, as I have a large presentation (the data) due to my manager at eod tomorrow and I don't have time to do it tomorrow, so today while the girls are home. They are ruined from yesterday, so I'm not expecting much from the today anyways.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Present. Digging the new bed. Wife woke up with pinkeye, so my day off is now dad duty. Not gonna hit the climbing gym today. Supposedly a school thing at sky zone, we'll see about going. Was gonna try to ride since it's supposed to be 60, but might be relegated to the trainer.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
EMS we never get that shit off

Espresso and off I go ....
you chose to be a semi kept man....

went by the parents...

moms needs to wear glasses more often...

her foot cream and face cream bottles look similar....

guess which she put on her face....

atleast she thought it was funny....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
water heater leak, main floor.
is tankless a option...

and i heard....

the road ray nathans is on is due to start being expanded to 4 lanes some time this year....

might disrupt some shit....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
is tankless a option...

and i heard....

the road ray nathans is on is due to start being expanded to 4 lanes some time this year....

might disrupt some shit....
yeah, we're probably going to go that route if we need to replace; it didn't let go from the bottom, seems like maybe a valve at the top is clogged...plumber should be here tomorrow to check it out.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Rolled in at 12:10 last night. 17 hours towing a trailer. Stupid grocery store closes at 12 so I couldn’t get milk. I need to grab a coffee and off to the office. But it’s sunny for now, supposed storm on the way. I wanna ride my bike later but my buddy wants me to dig holes with the backhoe. Having friends is hard sometimes.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
There was never a thread about the Turkey/Syria quake, just mention in the random picture thread.

You'd be surprised to walk outside and discover this is what's become of your olive grove in the morning...

edit: It's such a shame about all of those olive trees no longer being viable :banana:

(I realize there's a massive death toll overall and this particular chasm impacts livelihoods)

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey bitches

Kids can’t leave the hospital yet so I am back in the chair, assuming the position. Couldn’t get a ride this morning as boomers gonna boomer, but at least we have help with the big kid. Slept like 9 hours, but dinner was a salt bomb so it wasn’t super restful. At least our roommate is gone, for now

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hey bitches

Kids can’t leave the hospital yet so I am back in the chair, assuming the position. Couldn’t get a ride this morning as boomers gonna boomer, but at least we have help with the big kid. Slept like 9 hours, but Dover was a salt bomb so it wasn’t super restful. At least our roommate is gone, for now
That sucks all around. What does "Dover was a salt bomb" mean, though?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh yeah, the post in the roadie forum reminded me, getting my new TT bike up and running is killing me. Turns out I need a new stem as the vendor changed the mold, so the new bars won't fit the old stem I have. Not the end of the world, but I'm ready to throw in the towel if it needs anything else.