Quantcast

Holiderp travels

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Where/how are the monkies spending your holidays? Traveling, visting in-laws, your laz-y-boy recliner or even inviting your weird neighbor Carl two door down to join you for Christmas dinner?

I am flying back East and will be spending two weeks between Amish country Pa and Maryland visiting friends and avoiding most family!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Driving to Wyoming. Good times. The theme this trip is only stopping at burger joints that have been open 60 years minimum. Last night was Nell N Out in LaGrande, Oregon. Gawd Damn those curly fries were fantastic!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am hoping to get snowed in for the weekend (excuse to avoid the in laws), then hit the mountain for Lil Mans first tube trip on Tuesday as I have the day off.

Monday will be epic track building day as he will have entirely too much Hot Wheels track and associated pieces to go over. I made the mistake of seeing a Wally World ad showing the original track set I wanted to get him for less than $20 (originally $45). It got piss poor reviews of the boosters included, but it does come with some great track pieces.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Where/how are the monkies spending your holidays? Traveling, visting in-laws, your laz-y-boy recliner or even inviting your weird neighbor Carl two door down to join you for Christmas dinner?

I am flying back East and will be spending two weeks between Amish country Pa and Maryland visiting friends and avoiding most family!
Lancaster? York?

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I have to go to my parents for christmas eve dinner. Other than that playing around the house, beers, and shed. Hopefully i get my fork back from rebuild in time for a ride. I am gunna deep fry a turkey on christmas day. Then eat too much of it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Maui, Piaia

My dad is a competitive windsurfer so he rented a pimped out spot where we can surf, sail and paddle out of the back yard. It's gonna be a tough week with the family.

View attachment 127364

I spent Christmas in Lahaina a few years back. Stayed with a friend of a friend who was squatting in a foreclosed mansion right on the beach. Squatting in a foreclosed mansion was the least of the illegal activities that was going on. Sketchiest 10 days of my life. I had no idea of sketchiness until I got there but embraced it for the time I was there.

I learned 4 valuable lessons that week (from my host)
  • Do not leave a bag of mushrooms and pot brownies where your pet Pug can get a hold of them
  • A Pug that eats a bagful of mushrooms and pot brownies will act pretty weird for a few days
  • You can get a dog to vomit by forcing it to swallow a little hydrogen peroxide
  • A pug digests most of a bag of pot brownies and mushrooms that a few hours later there is little for them to throw up

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You can get a dog to vomit by forcing it to swallow a little hydrogen peroxide
I learned that little trick when my Rottie ate a box of Cordial Cherries. A half a cup and a turkey baster, should have done it outside as I had no idea the reaction would be near immediate. :panic:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Texa$, San Antonio to be specific. This is not a good place.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I've got a hard case, not that that does you any good. I do however, have a spare bike. There's some decent trails midway between Lancaster and where I am. Keep me posted.
Will do, thanks. Im sure ill have some time to ride while im back.

Texa$, San Antonio to be specific. This is not a good place.
Dont get lost on the freeways, i always did.
I do miss half price books, i bought alot of movies there.

Last edited: