Quantcast

Hollowpoint MTX (FINALLY)

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Here it is, after a long wait. I pulled it out of the box and was like :mumble:

"wtf, an air shock? I was told 20 times, it was gonna have a coil shock"

Quick call to IH and Brad hooked me up. 5th coils are being made as we speak and they're gonna let me keep the 5th air for my aggravation, which was not much, other than the usual with every bike company "march 15th, no, April 30th, no, June 1st"
Oh well, well worth the wait and you could say they hooked me up ha?
IH rules, even though I did bitch a little about the wait, I still will deal with them, I just need to talk to one person over there next time as you always get differing stories with different people. No biggie. I waited and got what I want. This frame rocks, can't wait till I actually get a whole 4 hours to myself, MFT Mother****er (MFT = MY F*****G TIME) to ride it. It is a bit heavy though at 38lbs D' OH.

http://webpages.charter.net/kfarrelldba/mtx/12.JPG[/IMG
Knuckle

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
JAB said:
And a matching matching grill. Coinsidence? I think not.

I hear ya mang, there's evil stuff goin on daily right before your eyes, it's takes a keen sense of awareness and intuitiveness to notice stuff like that.
As for travel, it's got close to 5" in the back. As SkaTodd says, "It ain't for huckin" :D

Just wanted a semi-burly trailbike. However I diddn't expect it to be 38 lbs

:dead:

Knuckle

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Are you sure about that 38lbs? ...with tubeless and an air shock? Is the frame 11-12lbs or what? That doesn't seems right...especially considering the fact that the frame doesn't seem overbuilt at all! ???

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
FlipSide said:
Are you sure about that 38lbs? ...with tubeless and an air shock? Is the frame 11-12lbs or what? That doesn't seems right...especially considering the fact that the frame doesn't seem overbuilt at all! ???
Everyone is saying that. I'll have to weight it again. The tires are 950g a piece (don't know what that relates to lbs) and the fork is heavy as hell too. Not sure about weight. I wish I had bought a lighter fork.

Knuckle

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
950g ~ 2.1 lbs.
It is true you have tons of room for weight saving (without getting crazy with it...).
Anyways...nice bike! Have fun with it! :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Is that a Z1 FR Knucks? If so, how much does it weigh?

Looks dead on sexy - 2 pounds per tire - is that right Flipside? Damn - you could shave a bunch of weight right there I suspect.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Yeah, I had/have the weirwolf 2.1 tubeless on my other hollowpoints and they were hella lite, but wanted something a bit wider. I should have researched them prior to buying them, the nokians that is. I can switch em back, the tubeless tires come off and mount 5 minutes per tire yo.

Knuckle

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
DAMN! that thing looks awesome~!

How about some measurements? Do they make one big enough for a 6'3 hack to use as a trailbike?

Gorgeous bike.

IH= :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Go Sox! nice bike. the air version of the z1 (fr sl) will save you about 2 lbs I think. I got that for my "beefy" trailbike and it's working out very well.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Frame only, 1600
I got close to $3500 with the king hubs, fork, frame and sheit.
Now that is MSRP on the frame, I think I got mine dirt cheap, like $1250
The place I deal with is like an appliance store that happens to sell IH bikes. I don't know how they can sell it so cheap. I think IH MSRP is 15 or 1600
Like I said, act fast if you want one. Smokin deal I think. Comes with 5th element coil (haven't got it yet) it's designed for rough trailriding, or MTX and has the DW-link and pedals like a dream. It's 36lbs BTW, I weighed it again. Might get some lighter tires and get it down to 34 if I can. Saw the seatpost and cut a 1/2" off the bars each side which is the way I usually like them. I like a narrower bar for tight singletrack. So I'll focking shed 2 lbs with the new tires and add 4 when the coil shock comes. :(

Knuckle

segerton

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
Niiiiice Rig!!! I want one now. That thing is going to be perfect for the nasty, rocky single track. come try it out tomorrow am at NAM. the ride is posted on BS.

segerton

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
we'll take it easy on ya. f the doctors. if i listened to them i'd have a plate in me friggin head by now. just kiddin. take it easy that way you'll be 100% in a while. edge on the BS.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
AWESOME bike!!! If they had had this bike when I was in the market, I would have gotten it instead of my Specialized Enduro. How much was it?

segerton

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
knuck, did they build it for you? if so how do you go about getting them to spec it to your liking? do they just ask you what you want and build it? the thing is really well specd. i can't imagine that it's oem parts.