Quantcast

hollowpoint MTX

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
scrider said:
aren't you a major online retailer????
haha...I'm getting there...you wouldn't believe what happened after our ride...needless to say my car is in the shop and I'm stuck here at work:mumble:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
redical said:
WHy, you can't say what price they are going for through any bike shop that orders it?
ok it's real simple I did not pay retail for the frame. So I don't know what a shop would sell them for. That's why I said to call IH or talk to your LBS...D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
BMXman said:
just ordered one up...good deal too because they're on clearance...thanks for all the help Dave:thumb:

It arrived today:D...I'm so glad the guys at IH talked me into the 17" it's the perfect size. The 15" would have been a bit too small. I"m almost done building it:dancing:...D

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
BMXman said:
It arrived today:D...I'm so glad the guys at IH talked me into the 17" it's the perfect size. The 15" would have been a bit too small. I"m almost done building it:dancing:...D
I wish I was as good of a whore as you...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Red Bull said:
I wish I was as good of a whore as you...
It has more to do with selling my MK3 and swapping it for the MTX. I tried to make the MK3 my MTX/slalom frame but it was too steep....D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
MMcG said:
Wow!

Now that's a beauty of a bike.

The weight differences between your bike and Knuck's bike is pretty interesting too.

Nice rig D! :thumb:
so you still looking for an MK3:devil:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
BMXman said:
Damn Knuck I only have one pic:D...29.21 lbs:thumb:

nice donnie - looks great! I'd love to buy that from you in 2-3 months when you get tired of it & move on to something else :blah: :)

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
dump said:
nice donnie - looks great! I'd love to buy that from you in 2-3 months when you get tired of it & move on to something else :blah: :)
yeah you keep waiting ;)...funny thing is the guy who started this thread sent me a PM asking if I would sell it...I haven't even taken it to dirt yet...I would sell it though for $1500 frame only :D

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
BMXman said:
yeah you keep waiting ;)...funny thing is the guy who started this thread sent me a PM asking if I would sell it...I haven't even taken it to dirt yet...I would sell it though for $1500 frame only :D
alright mang... :) Just let me know :D

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
BMXman said:
you still have your 2MX?...D
I no longer have the 2MX... it was a bit overkill for what I'm riding these days. I have a soverign now.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
DHanamal said:
So you're back at the DJs? Lets see some pics!
not so fast... still building it up ;) Should be good to go in a couple more months.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
so I'm running into a problem. If I try an tighten my headset it binds...if I leave it loose so it doesn't bind it's not tight enough. The frame came with e13 cups and bearings already pressed in. Anyone else having this problem?...D

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
BMXman said:
so I'm running into a problem. If I try an tighten my headset it binds...if I leave it loose so it doesn't bind it's not tight enough. The frame came with e13 cups and bearings already pressed in. Anyone else having this problem?...D
wonder if it's an assembly problem... tried taking it apart & putting it back together?

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
BMXman said:
Remove cone shaped top cap and replace w/ a standard washer. See if that helps.

-ska todd

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
BMXman said:
Donnie, did it come with the FSA headset with the top carbon fiber bearing cover?

On my Sunday I used the three super thin washers that came with the headset and a thin headset washer (2mm?) under the carbon cover. The headset tightens properly and the cover comes just close enough to the E-13 cups to help keep crud off the bearings.