Quantcast

Holly Crap now this is OUT THERE

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Reactor said:
Every body piercing lowers you perceived intelligence by 5-10 points. I'd say they are in Bushland and headed for Quail-berg.
Judging someones intelligence based on the amount of metal sticking out of their body lowers your percieved intelligence 10 - 15 points.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ciaran said:
Judging someones intelligence based on the amount of metal sticking out of their body lowers your percieved intelligence 10 - 15 points.
While I agree that these sort of judgements shouldn't happen, I'm afraid it's a fact of life. I'm not sure if he meant his perception of intelligence, but the general population certainly judges people this way. There are certain piercings that tend to be overlooked - bellybutton piercings on women, normal earrings on both sexes, and some women can get away with a small nose stud - but as a rule, employers especially often judge people on piercings.

The whole thing above kind of grosses me out, but hey, there's something for everyone, right? :)

J

JRB

binary visions said:
<snip>
The whole thing above kind of grosses me out, but hey, there's something for everyone, right? :)
I am growing tired of your rationale. :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
binary visions said:
While I agree that these sort of judgements shouldn't happen, I'm afraid it's a fact of life. I'm not sure if he meant his perception of intelligence, but the general population certainly judges people this way. There are certain piercings that tend to be overlooked - bellybutton piercings on women, normal earrings on both sexes, and some women can get away with a small nose stud - but as a rule, employers especially often judge people on piercings.

Yeah, I know... there's the way we want the world and it's people to work, and the way it actually does work.

I fix computers at a hospital for a living. I am an OK tech, I do good work and have great customer service skills. Most of my clients love me. Then I came to work one day like this:

I had more comments in the one week I had my hair like that then I had in the 2 years of working at this location. People stared, people pointed. Middle aged ladies who normally fawned over me asked questions like, "OMG! What did you do to your hair!?!" and just straight up telling me that I looked stupid.

Weird. People are visual creatures and we freak out when we see something that veers from the norm. It's too bad we choose to laugh and judge instead of learning more about things and then appreciating them.

Now I want to go home and dye my hair red again.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
<snip>
Weird. People are visual creatures and we freak out when we see something that veers from the norm. It's too bad we choose to laugh and judge instead of learning more about things and then appreciating them.
Admit it - you did it for shock value and vanity to start with. I'd say you got what you were looking for. :rolleyes:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just can't help but to think of the positive aspects of such a piercing. It would allow a women to walk around naked with a keg strapped to her back without obstructing the frontal view with straps. Even better she would have two hands free to pour beers.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Westy said:
I just can't help but to think of the positive aspects of such a piercing. It would allow a women to walk around naked with a keg strapped to her back without obstructing the frontal view with straps. Even better she would have two hands free to pour beers.
Dude. Where the Hell have you been?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i've seen that in person and other designs of the same thing. the armor pieces are pretty cool looking.

also have some friends that hang themselves by their skin with piercings

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Admit it - you did it for shock value and vanity to start with. I'd say you got what you were looking for. :rolleyes:
Shock value? No

Vanity? Duh! Why do we wear the clothes that we wear? Why do you have your hair cut they way it is? VANITY. Of course I did it for vanity!

I dyed my hair red because I like the way it looks. period. Sorry to dissapoint but my self-esteem is fine, and I get enough attention on my own. I did it simply because I like it. So :eviltongu to your :rolleyes: but you did prove my point. Your reaction is to poke fun or come up with some reasoning that you use to think of yourself as "better" (maybe not the right word, but it suits your rolleyes response.) then the person with the red hair or the person with the piercings. Well, I accept that I have to deal with such things if I want to run around with funny colored hair.

No, it's not a mullet. It's long in front too, it's just a weird angle. More hippy then redneck.

I really dig watching the suspension people. Very cool. I'd never do it myself because I am a pain wimp, but it just fasinates the heck outta me.

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
<snip>I really dig watching the suspension people. Very cool. I'd never do it myself because I am a pain wimp, but it just fasinates the heck outta me.
Maybe you should cuddle up with Webster's instead. :D

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
Dang! I got Macked. Pulled a Mack... got the Mack-down. Been beotch Macked.

Spelling nazis :nuts:
bahahaha - where is that lame little kid anyway???

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Westy said:
lol, without a doubt the comment of the day

where the hell do you find women carrying kegs
using normal methods anyway?
i need to find this place

on the topic
definately not my type of thing, from a practicall point of view
i just think it get in the way
can you imagine the effects of carpet burn on that?
i guess theyll have to be on top all the time :devil:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
:think:

Must be a different shade than what's appearing in the picture on my monitor, then. :p
It turned out a bit brighter then I anticipated. It was dyed back to black the following week. Coincidentally right before my boss came back from vacation. :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
:think:

Must be a different shade than what's appearing in the picture on my monitor, then. :p
Red mullet, chick pants. Something tells me Ciaran has different taste than most.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Ciaran said:
Yeah, I know... there's the way we want the world and it's people to work, and the way it actually does work.

I fix computers at a hospital for a living. I am an OK tech, I do good work and have great customer service skills. Most of my clients love me. Then I came to work one day like this:

I had more comments in the one week I had my hair like that then I had in the 2 years of working at this location. People stared, people pointed. Middle aged ladies who normally fawned over me asked questions like, "OMG! What did you do to your hair!?!" and just straight up telling me that I looked stupid.

Now I want to go home and dye my hair red again.
cousin It?