Quantcast

Holly Crap now this is OUT THERE

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
binary visions said:
While I agree that these sort of judgements shouldn't happen, I'm afraid it's a fact of life. I'm not sure if he meant his perception of intelligence, but the general population certainly judges people this way. There are certain piercings that tend to be overlooked - bellybutton piercings on women, normal earrings on both sexes, and some women can get away with a small nose stud - but as a rule, employers especially often judge people on piercings.

The whole thing above kind of grosses me out, but hey, there's something for everyone, right? :)

Yes, I was talking about the general public's preception, I rarely if ever judge people by their appearance. Tat's, especially facial, can have a similar effect negative effect on the general publics perceptions. I read an article recently about the effect of piercings/tat's there are some employeers that just won't hire people because of it, especially for a customer service position.

Personally I really don't care one way or the other.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Reactor said:
Yes, I was talking about the general public's preception, I rarely if ever judge people by their appearance. Tat's, especially facial, can have a similar effect negative effect on the general publics perceptions. I read an article recently about the effect of piercings/tat's there are some employeers that just won't hire people because of it, especially for a customer service position.

Personally I really don't care one way or the other.
Facial tats are a tough one. While the person may be really nice, a hard worker, a good person and all that, it's hard for most of us to get past the facial tats. While I try my best to look past stuff like that I am only human and facial tats are pretty extreme. I saw a fellow once that I felt really sorry for because of his facial tats. He was a cholo/gang banger dude who came into the Subway I was working at. Well he had facial tats all over his face. Sadly though they weren't anything good... the rest of the gang tatooed graffitti all over his face. He was permanently tagged like a brick wall in a bad neighborhood. What made me sad for him was the fact that he looked to be no more then 19 or 20 years old. Now, obviously he's not that bright if he let the gang do that to him, but he'll have zero future with a face like that. Who's going to hire him? What girl is going to want to love him? I may dye my hair funny colors or wear outrageous clothes but I can always cut my hair and change my clothes. (And honestly I really am not that weird. I am a weird poser)

loco said:
Dude - Ciaran is not a girl. :nope:
At least someone is sticking up for me! :nopity: :D :thumb:

robdamanii said:
This is why everything I have done is easily hidden by wearing clothes....
Smart man. My GF has lots of tats and piercings but you'd never know it by looking at her with her clothes on.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
Facial tats are a tough one. While the person may be really nice, a hard worker, a good person and all that, it's hard for most of us to get past the facial tats. While I try my best to look past stuff like that I am only human and facial tats are pretty extreme.<snip>
And bright red long hair isn't? :think: :p

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
robdamanii said:
Care to share any pics with us?
Sure...

Here's her back...

More back

Here's us on July 4 2004 (last year) This is what the hair looked like the day after I dyed it. It's not a good pic of her though. Since then she's lost more weight, and had Lasix surgery.

She has other tats but I don't have any pics at work, and I can't show any of the piercing pics. :evil:

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
I'm not a big fan of those funky hair colors, but that looks pretty good, Ciaran. I think maybe it just looks better against your darker skin.
Are you hitting on him? I told you all, Ciaran is not a chick.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
loco said:
Are you hitting on him? I told you all, Ciaran is not a chick.
:stupid: heh. i agree tho -- looks much better from the front than in that first androgynous pic

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
Wow.

There seem to be alot of compliments coming from men on another man's hair color..............

:think:

NTTAWWT. :D
<waves hand all limp-wristed> come on now, don't be silly! :heart:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
It took quite a few hours to complete, but I forget the exact number. I'll have to ask her. She did say that the elephants on her sides were the most painful. She's one tough lady for being a girlie girl. And patient too! She put's up with my dumb butt!

Thank you for realizing that I am not a chick. I may own a pair of chick pants but I am not going to lop anything off and race the womens class. (They'd all kick my butt anyway)

And Toshi, [gay lisp]You are just sooooooo metro, girlfriend! [/gay lisp] :D ;) Just kidding.

The GF has some nice tats, I need to take more pix of them.