Quantcast

"HOLLYWOOD MIKE MIRANDA"@ Woodward

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
i wanted to post this, my hero growing up and one of my best friends in the whole world Mike Miranda works at Woodward West and has built this my space profile for camp.
I'm not trying to sell camp i just want people to see this section Mike jumped, he was off a bicycle for a number of years and got back into it earlier this year, he is the only one to have jumped this, both myself and Lopes have eyed it up.
Mike thought Lopes jumped it so he went for it a couple days later, only to find out he was the first one. it's 50 +, almost like Mike's age! gotcha HOllYWOOD.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=111734775

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Miranda is the man...no matter how many guys tried, there were not too many people that rocked the hot pink JT kits in the 80's and made it look good on the bike.

Hutch forevah!!

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
I used to race a " Hutch Hollywood" and would love to get my hands on another frame and fork. Hate that I sold that thing. Mike is the man.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I had an old bell helmet that he autographed when I was 10.

He made pink acceptable......and furthered the cause of the moustache mullet combo like no other.

Can't wait to watch the vid when I get home. I wanna be jumping 50 footers when I'm that old.

MarsB

Chimp
Aug 17, 2005
Morgantown WV
I liked the article you wrote in Decline a few months back about you and Mike. Cool to see how things come back around for someone who gave a lot to the sport. :clapping:

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
i wanted to post this, my hero growing up and one of my best friends in the whole world Mike Miranda works at Woodward West and has built this my space profile for camp.
I'm not trying to sell camp i just want people to see this section Mike jumped, he was off a bicycle for a number of years and got back into it earlier this year, he is the only one to have jumped this, both myself and Lopes have eyed it up.
Mike thought Lopes jumped it so he went for it a couple days later, only to find out he was the first one. it's 50 +, almost like Mike's age! gotcha HOllYWOOD.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=111734775

Miranda was one of my camp counselors at Woodward East bmx race camp waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day...

during a video watching session a girl from woodward gymnastics camp walked into the room accidently in her little shorts and tight shirt... shoulda seen how red she turned when the door slammed and a bunch of horny teenagers (and mike) started in on her...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Damn.

Like what Woo said: I want to have that kind of longevity with my riding as well.

That was huge... It's awesome to see you guys tearing it up at Woody West.

I remember back in the day it was Miranda, Eric Rupe, Greg Hill, and some new guy named Carter on the BMX scene.:biggrin:

That was awesome - cool Myspace too.

Lopes is pretty competitive - has he hit it yet?

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
I've had the pleasure of sessioning Woodward with Mr.Mike and the SBF crew... I went into it feeling a bit "over the hill" but came away smiling like a fricking ten year old. We'd just had a two day pissing contest and on our last run, Mike pushes back up and nails that line, just to spite us. It's a shame how small things look in that clip. I'd had some doubts about racing next season but after that weekend of good times, I was reminded of how important it is to do what you love; age be damned. I'm not up on my bike history but as a friend, Mike is truly one of the good guys.:cheers:

and a professional roof diver.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
^^^Hells yeah! That is exactly the JT kit I was thinking of, and I remember that pic too. Awesome. We had an old quarry spot kinda like that in connecticut, super fun.

And now I've got that Afroman "Palmdale" song in my head...