Quantcast

holy 180 batman

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Well, after spinning my wheels and banging my head against the wall for 5 years with my current job, it looks like things might be looking up. I've spent the better portion of the last 5 years as a peon blending in with the other 5000 peons on campus... having no real responsibilty, getting no appreciation, getting no respect. Well, this morning, I was asked to "be the point man" for the implementation of a new software system. This is a HUUUUGE deal for my office.

So rather than being the grunt worker on this one, I'll be delegating, leading, and organizing the grunts. I'm sure I'll have more than my share of grunt work too, but...

This could be a very good thing for me.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
well congrats.. but i would check on that money thing.. sometimes the can throw you some more overtime or something .. worse case do the job and in a few months go to your union and tell them your doing additional work and now being paid for it... if its a state job there should be a title up from the one your in already to compensate.... it will take a while but you have nothing to lose
it happened to me.. after 1/12 yrs i got my new title and they paid me lump-sum for the difference for the 1 1/2 yrs i was doing it already