Quantcast

holy amityville in my house

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
a few weeks back, in our basement, it smelt really funny/bad like something but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I thought it was the cat had crapped down there because he did a few times when we first moved in. or maybe peeing or something. it didn't smell like rotting flesh at all. just odd smelling and kinda stale like.

well, this morning I go down to get some clean socks from the laundry area and there were over 100 BIG BLACK FLYS on the window. like lots and lots of them. I opened window and tried to shoe fly em out the best I could but there was too many and they didn't really leave.

so now I'm thinking something must have died down there. maybe the cat brought something in and lost it (stupid cat never kills what he catches, but brings em in the house and lets em go) and it died somewhere?

I hope blood doesn't start coming out of my sink.....

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
"come to the light Carol Ann!"

wrong movie, but I'll call ya if it happens...:D

"shop smart, shop S-mart"

what does that have to do w/....(oh, haunted houses, I get it.;))

haha, my wife is at home and I just sent her down there. ahahahahahahha. she had no idea what she was walking into. :D

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
You should sit in front of the TV with just static on the screen and wait for your wife to get home... that should really freak her out...

We get lots of black flies in our house, but never in a huge mass like you described... I think they started coming in from the crawlspace and now they're just showing up dead on the floor...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by oxygen_77
You should sit in front of the TV with just static on the screen and wait for your wife to get home... that should really freak her out...
And when she asks you what you're doing, turn your head slowly, stare at her for a few seconds, then turn back and continue watching the static.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by binary visions
And when she asks you what you're doing, turn your head slowly, stare at her for a few seconds, then turn back and continue watching the static.
...and never get laid again.

Evel Monkey

Monkey
Oct 28, 2003
PNW
WOW! This thread is haunted. The first time I clicked on it, I got booted off my internet connection. Spooky.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by oxygen_77
If the flies were born in carrion or manure it would explain the smell...
I don't think I have any manure around my house.....

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
Originally posted by pnj
I don't think I have any manure around my house.....
Haha, I guess not... forgot we were talking about the city... maybe they were born in a dead animal near your house or something though... either way, it's pretty gross... :)

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I'm thinking a dead animal IN my house.

we have a cat door in the basement and anything could have walked in and died. It has to be something small though, large animals smell REALLY bad when they've been dead for awhile.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by binary visions
Small price to pay for the look on her face ;) :D
the thing is, my wife would totally get it.

then she'd start saying "come to the light....."

:devil:

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by pnj
a few weeks back, in our basement, it smelt really funny/bad like something but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I thought it was the cat had crapped down there because he did a few times when we first moved in. or maybe peeing or something. it didn't smell like rotting flesh at all. just odd smelling and kinda stale like.

well, this morning I go down to get some clean socks from the laundry area and there were over 100 BIG BLACK FLYS on the window. like lots and lots of them. I opened window and tried to shoe fly em out the best I could but there was too many and they didn't really leave.

so now I'm thinking something must have died down there. maybe the cat brought something in and lost it (stupid cat never kills what he catches, but brings em in the house and lets em go) and it died somewhere?

I hope blood doesn't start coming out of my sink.....
Remind me to never stay at your house. It's creepy.