Quantcast

holy cold batman

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I'm impressed with my first winter here in Victoria...I haven't worn gloves or even a winter jacket...it's a nice +3 right now. :)

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Metal said:
It was a bit on the warm side at our race this past weekend. I think it was in the mid 70's.
Thats a damn shame. Maybe I should cancel my trip out there over new years.... wouldn't wanna break a sweat or anything.. :p

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
When I lived in Morro Bay, it seemed to always almost be 65*.

Its been kind of chilly in los olivos at night. Los Olivos has an extreme (haha-extreme) climate- it gets pretty cold in the winter/spring months and hot as hell in summer (easily of 100* many days). Many days last year, at school the fields were all covered with frost that looked like 2" of snow .

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Transcend said:
It is currently: -23°C here in Montreal.

It will be -1 over the weekend. Holy jeebus, sometimes I hate Canadian winters.
Good luck with that! I complained a little bit today, since it was only in the mid 60s (F). However, it was nice and sunny all day...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I throw in the proverbial warm comments;

It was 70 here today, but it is 45 now, a nice dip in the hot tub with the mrs' was alright.

Me no likey the cold.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
It wa 36 degrees C here today with 88% humidity. 40 degrees is expected within weeks. I'd rather ride in the cold than this temperature...

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
it's 12c here, but very humid. We're at sea level. It's far worse than the 3c in Granada, and I'd say worse than 5c below in Tahoe. No matter how much clothing you wear you still freeze your tail off. It's pretty unmotivating.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Metal said:
It was a bit on the warm side at our race this past weekend. I think it was in the mid 70's.
I hate you. It is currently 27 here in virginia and the dirt jumps are still wet from snow.

nmjb

Monkey
Apr 26, 2005
Idyllwild, CA
It's been around 0 F in Missoula for almost two weeks. I think a few nights ago it got down to around -15 F. I am starting to hate the cold.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
nmjb said:
It's been around 0 F in Missoula for almost two weeks. I think a few nights ago it got down to around -15 F. I am starting to hate the cold.
Its been the same here in Kalispell but we have had the inversion thing going on for about 2-3 weeks. The only time I have seen the sun was when we went skiing and got above the inversion on Saturday. The fog has been so bad for the last 2-3 weeks too. Here is a pic from 830am. Its stays dark outside pretty much all day because of the darn inversion. Well, at least its snowing. Its so cold that the snow is like ice.

See the fog and the inversion. Its looked like this now for 3 weeks; dark and foggy. I need two houses. One here and one in Cali or AZ.

nmjb

Monkey
Apr 26, 2005
Idyllwild, CA
See the fog and the inversion. Its looked like this now for 3 weeks; dark and foggy. I need two houses. One here and one in Cali or AZ.
It has actually been sunny here the last couple days, but Missoula had the inversion/fog going on for all of November, I think I saw the sun once the whole month. I agree about having 2 houses for sure. Is the skiing good up there? We need some more snow down here.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Transcend said:
It is currently: -23°C here in Montreal.

It will be -1 over the weekend. Holy jeebus, sometimes I hate Canadian winters.
Wuss.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
nmjb said:
It has actually been sunny here the last couple days, but Missoula had the inversion/fog going on for all of November, I think I saw the sun once the whole month. I agree about having 2 houses for sure. Is the skiing good up there? We need some more snow down here.

The snow is awesome. We skied BM Saturday and hiked a little. We got a few freshys about knee deep. Its snowing pretty good right now. Its snowing about an 1" and hour. I hope to hit BM on Sat.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
stiksandstones said:
I throw in the proverbial warm comments;

It was 70 here today, but it is 45 now, a nice dip in the hot tub with the mrs' was alright.

Me no likey the cold.
I tend to agree, I hate cold weather. There is no way I could live anywhere but sunny So Cal. For starters, I would not be happy living somewhere that has seasonal riding. I love that we can ride and race year round in So Cal.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
is it really -23? it doesn't seem that cold.
oh man, that reminds me, i was going for a ride last week with those one size fits all gloves, it was probably like-5 or something but very windy and with a headwind my hands lost all their heat so fast i found myself stopping every 40seconds in the lee of some structure to warm my hands up.
the moral of the story: get good gloves