Quantcast

Holy crap, check out THIS growroom.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
blue said:
Except the drug dealers really have figured out the get-rich-quick scheme for the middle and lower class in capitalist society, whereas the rest of us suckers...well...you know...
i've read a book written by a Uchicago business professor, on the economics of drug dealing.
very interesting, freakonomics was the title. from real street data, he figured out that drug dealing in the US (or at least in chicago) was like a mcdonalds kinda corporation, or like the sports industry...

the foot soldiers were making less than minimum wage (hours in the street working/income), they were likely to be stabbed 4 times in 2 years, and their life expectancy wasnt very high either...
yet people go into that business thinking about becoming one of the top dogs (the top 1% of the crack corporate pyramid).
quite an interesting read.

Feb 13, 2006
Transcend said:
Go back to the 60s Mr Anti-Establishment.
1) what is "the 60s" and what makes them relevant to your comment?

2) what is the "Establishment" and what do you think makes me "anti-" that Establishment?

3) thanks for your "insight" (quotation marks intentional, look up their use in Strunk & White)

Feb 13, 2006
BurlyShirley said:
My "nothing" would be a seizure of any money these guys made AND the long stints in prison they will be doing and my "something" would be any legitimate business that wouldnt end in the same manner. :rolleyes:

Edit: and how is changing the "apparent reading" of a meter not stealing?
1) please define "legitimate" and "business"

2) phase converters don't change appearances. they change the stream of electricity. they are not fraudulent. where did you get that idea?

3) it's dangerous to pretend at knowledge when you're more naive than a rock.

Feb 13, 2006
johnbryanpeters said:
Legitimate use... Like what, Enron?

Nothing in the end? Possibly, possibly not.

When Bush baby declared a war on terrorism, I considered the war on drugs and got the giggles.

J
"legitimate" presumably means "approved by the corporate powers that are running the Bush Admin".

sometimes I shudder at the ignorance in which some people take such pride.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
particle bored said:
1) please define "legitimate" and "business"
This isnt too hard a concept for you to grasp is it? That obeying laws keeps you out of jail. Say what you want about the upper echelon and its criminals (as JBP did) but owning a legitimate business that is not illegal is not that rare a thing.

2) phase converters don't change appearances. they change the stream of electricity. they are not fraudulent. where did you get that idea?
I got the idea when you said
phase converters can change the apparent current reading
So from your own mouth, WTF are you talking about?

3) it's dangerous to pretend at knowledge when you're more naive than a rock.
What's dangerous about arguing with tinfoil hat wearing losers like yourself on the internet?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Just to add: I looked up a little info on your "phase converter" and here's what it said

Will running a phase converter affect my utility bill?

In most cases, a phase converter will have little or no effect on your bill. This is because the load will take exactly the same number of kilowatt-hours of electricity regardless of whether it is being registered on a three-phase or single-phase meter. Any change in your power bill will be caused not by the converter, but by the rate structure that the utility applies to single-phase power vs three-phase power.
So now we see that you are, in fact, just talking out of your ass like I thought. Or do you just not understand the concept of how power companies track usage to find growers?
A phase converter simply allows for a more steady power stream to things that require a heavy load. They dont in any way hide that you all of a sudden started running 5,000 high intensity lights in a tunnel under your house.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
ALEXIS_DH said:
i've read a book written by a Uchicago business professor, on the economics of drug dealing.
very interesting, freakonomics was the title. from real street data, he figured out that drug dealing in the US (or at least in chicago) was like a mcdonalds kinda corporation, or like the sports industry...

the foot soldiers were making less than minimum wage (hours in the street working/income), they were likely to be stabbed 4 times in 2 years, and their life expectancy wasnt very high either...
yet people go into that business thinking about becoming one of the top dogs (the top 1% of the crack corporate pyramid).
Really? You can make bank running weed between BC and the US, as long as you can get through the border. I'm not talking dealing here, I'm talking transportation/growing your own. Buying from people already in the states will get you the shaft.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
BurlyShirley said:
Imagine if all the work that went into that place was put to some legitimate use. I mean seriously, all that work, all that planning..all for nothing in the end. Ahhh, the mind of a stoner.
Anyway, about the power thing, they were actually pretty smart about that. They tapped into a main line and stole the power. So its not like they just had some huge bill and the cops got a warrant.
Hmm, I often ask myself the same question about 'defence' spending..

Feb 13, 2006
Burley Shirley, you are one stupid fool. You cover it up by "talk out of your ass" allegations.

1) I'm a lawyer and I know what laws do in our society. your "lecture" on laws meant little to nothing, as it only revealed your ignorance of the subject. maybe you think every single law ever signed into effect is valid and has moral and ethical force. if so, you are one ignorant fool. laws are made by whomever is in power to protect that power's status. if laws were about justice, Burley Bloody Gashgirl, we'd have no poverty and we'd have had no legitimate reason to steal Iraq's oil. but you don't know enough to see this, do you?

2) what my electrician friends tell me is that phase converters wired in certain ways can reduce your consumption, NOT your "power readings" which is what you are focused on. again, you try to twist what you imagine as my position, into something you can deride. how silly, how illogical, and how like an avowed ignoramus. and besides, if my electrician friends are wrong, then they're wrong. it doesn't insult me. I don't pretend at the knowledge they possess. not like you do.

3) what the phoque is it with the "tinfoil hat" nonsense? what are you trying to say in your avowed ignoramus slang?

Feb 13, 2006
fluff said:
Hmm, I often ask myself the same question about 'defence' spending..
yeah no schitt. the same stupid arrogant chest thumpers who claim "we're number 1, the world's great superpower" think we need to have "defense spending" as if anyone is moronic enough to mount a serious military campaign against the usa. hint: the staged events of 9/11/2001 were not a military campaign AGAINST the usa, they were an orchestrated campaign BY members of the usa govt.

that's what is sick. and wrong. and indefensible.

http://www.counterpunch.org/phillips02092006.html

http://www.counterpunch.org/rudmin02172006.html

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
particle bored said:
Burley Shirley, you are one stupid fool. You cover it up by "talk out of your ass" allegations.

1) I'm a lawyer and I know what laws do in our society. your "lecture" on laws meant little to nothing, as it only revealed your ignorance of the subject. maybe you think every single law ever signed into effect is valid and has moral and ethical force. if so, you are one ignorant fool. laws are made by whomever is in power to protect that power's status. if laws were about justice, Burley Bloody Gashgirl, we'd have no poverty and we'd have had no legitimate reason to steal Iraq's oil. but you don't know enough to see this, do you?

2) what my electrician friends tell me is that phase converters wired in certain ways can reduce your consumption, NOT your "power readings" which is what you are focused on. again, you try to twist what you imagine as my position, into something you can deride. how silly, how illogical, and how like an avowed ignoramus. and besides, if my electrician friends are wrong, then they're wrong. it doesn't insult me. I don't pretend at the knowledge they possess. not like you do.

3) what the phoque is it with the "tinfoil hat" nonsense? what are you trying to say in your avowed ignoramus slang?
If you truly are a lawyer (which I highly doubt) I hope that in court when your arguments are completely dismantled that you dont just resort to petty insults like you did here. Dont make a statement assuming you know what something is and then try to deny responsibility for it by saying "thats what someone told me, so its not my fault"
As for your point on laws, I made no such ethical connection. I only said that if they followed the rules, they could have been quite successful with their dilligent work and not ended up in jail.
Again, if you are a lawyer, I feel sorry for your clients.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
particle bored said:
yeah no schitt. the same stupid arrogant chest thumpers who claim "we're number 1, the world's great superpower" think we need to have "defense spending" as if anyone is moronic enough to mount a serious military campaign against the usa. hint: the staged events of 9/11/2001 were not a military campaign AGAINST the usa, they were an orchestrated campaign BY members of the usa govt.

that's what is sick. and wrong. and indefensible.

http://www.counterpunch.org/phillips02092006.html

http://www.counterpunch.org/rudmin02172006.html
No one attacks the us DUE TO the astronomical defense spending. Jesus. Wake up.:rolleyes:

Lawyer my ass, you are nothing more then a fool. Your electrician friends are also pretty incompetent if he thinks a 3 phase converter will reduce power. All it does is supply nice clean power in all 3 phases for large electric motors, such as those in heavy machinery.

If you would actually like to learn about WTF you are talking about, I suggest you go here:http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/ph-conv/ph-conv.html . Al you ever wanted to know about phase converters.

And 9/11 was staged huh? Holy crap, we have a live one here! Break out your tinfoil hats! The Gub'mt is coming!

Feb 13, 2006
Burley Kuntwipe and Trogsend,

you can write paragraphs of libel about me, I don't mind. you don't know me. you don't know anything about me.

what I know about both of you is that you're both wrong, and you will both come to know the truth at some point in the future, and when you do, you will feel embarrassed at having been so forceful in your convictions that were so danged wrong on the facts.

Kuntwipe, I don't care if you "feel sorry for" my clients. nor do they.

Trogsend, if our defense spending is what keeps us so strong, how did 9/11/2001 occur?

insults don't change the world, you fools.

nor does a blind arrogance.

but go ahead, support an imperialist fascist regime that relies heavily on insults and blind arrogance. it's your loss!

PS: the fact that you both get overwrought with righteous anger at my posts shows your weakness, which is that you don't even know what is real, but are counting on it as a matter of faith. but you probably can't see that, can you?

PPS: Trogsend, you can wail away at the "conspiracy wacko" or "tinfoil hat" nonsense until the keyboard you mash has gone dead. but while you're so busy being so danged sure that I'm just wacko, I'm laughing at you. but not out of positive comedy. out of a sad recognition that your pride carries more weight than your intellect in your brain.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
ALEXIS_DH said:

Yet a lot of morons support the illegal drug trade while bashing legit business like WalMart that actually help the poor and lower middle classes...

Hypocritical losers....

:rolleyes:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
particle bored said:
Burley Kuntwipe and Trogsend,

you can write paragraphs of libel about me, I don't mind. you don't know me. you don't know anything about me.

what I know about both of you is that you're both wrong, and you will both come to know the truth at some point in the future, and when you do, you will feel embarrassed at having been so forceful in your convictions that were so danged wrong on the facts.

Kuntwipe, I don't care if you "feel sorry for" my clients. nor do they.

Trogsend, if our defense spending is what keeps us so strong, how did 9/11/2001 occur?

insults don't change the world, you fools.

nor does a blind arrogance.

but go ahead, support an imperialist fascist regime that relies heavily on insults and blind arrogance. it's your loss!

PS: the fact that you both get overwrought with righteous anger at my posts shows your weakness, which is that you don't even know what is real, but are counting on it as a matter of faith. but you probably can't see that, can you?
Bwaaaaaahahhahah!
I dont think Ive ever been equated to Transcend before.

Dude, go back to the bong.

Feb 13, 2006
Transcend said:
Holy crap, this new guys a total nutter.

I vote we keep him around for comedy relief.
I see that whenever someone suggests something you fear, you derogate and denigrate.

your false courage is embarrassing. for you, not me.

I'm simply entertained.

and whatever you "vote" about, I don't care. I don't think that you get to vote on whether I "stick around" on Earth.

where do you get your information on political matters, Transcend?

care to share?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kuntwipe,

"back to the bong"? WTF is that? sorry I don't know your caveman code language. please decipher.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
particle bored said:
You need to learn to spell. Resorting to insults just shows how lousy at debating and ignorant you really are.

In case you haven't noticed, you weren't attacked by a nation, you were attacked by fanatics who hate you for being non-muslim.:rolleyes:

Congrats, you now join the prestigious ignore list. Toodles.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
n00b nutjob said:
Being an electrical engineer specializing in the field of energy conservation, I'd LOVE to know the 'logic' behind this statement...

:p

Feb 13, 2006
N8 said:
Being an electrical engineer specializing in the field of energy conservation, I'd LOVE to know the logic behind this statement...

:p
oh great the wizard of putdown has arrived! all hail the Bostonian Bulldog who crows about his rad exploits in Vietnam (the riding area, not the asian natio).

read again, Nate. I said I do not know whether they are correct. and that I am not insulted if they aren't. it's their statement, not mine.

do you feel heroic attacking strawmen, little chickenhawk?

Feb 13, 2006
Transcend said:
You need to learn to spell. Resorting to insults just shows how lousy at debating and ignorant you really are.

In case you haven't noticed, you weren't attacked by a nation, you were attacked by fanatics who hate you for being non-muslim.:rolleyes:

Congrats, you now join the prestigious ignore list. Toodles.
wow, so you ignore those that disagree with you and might make you question your views?

that's REALLY mature.

1) nobody attacked ME, Trogsend. NOBODY.

2) the rest of your "fanatics" and "non-muslim" stuff is simply fiction, and I'd love to know where you got that info. care to share?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
particle bored said:
oh great the wizard of putdown has arrived! all hail the Bostonian Bulldog who crows about his rad exploits in Vietnam (the riding area, not the asian natio).

read again, N8. I said I do not know whether they are correct. and that I am not insulted if they aren't. it's their statement, not mine.

do you feel heroic attacking strawmen, little chickenhawk?
Damn.. is this kid stoned or what??!?!?!!!! Boston?

Feb 13, 2006
BurlyShirley said:
Bwaaaaaahahhahah!
I dont think Ive ever been equated to Transcend before.

Dude, go back to the bong.
I haven't "equated" you to anything. do you even know what "equated" means?

if you want me to "equate" something, give me the facts relevant to the equation.

Feb 13, 2006
Transcend said:
I love it, this guy goes on and on after having been proven wrong on just about every front so far. Awesome. He is truly a force to behold!
"proven wrong"?

you haven't even offered something for proof, let alone having established something.

I see the swiss cheese that masquerades as your "rationale" is showing its holes.

tell me, Trogsend... how is it that your unsupported allegations are "proof," but mine are "tinfoil hat conspiracy"?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
particle bored said:
"proven wrong"?

you haven't even offered something for proof, let alone having established something.

I see the swiss cheese that masquerades as your "rationale" is showing its holes.
Holy crap, even on ignore I have to see what crap comes out of his mouth.

You know, stuff like what an insurgency is, how a 3 phase converter works, THAT YOU ARE COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY INSANE.

Stuff like that.:trophy_br

Better watch out though, the government is intercepting these emails. You are the next target of a government hijacking plot! Better watch your back, and your front. Watch out for that koolaid, there may be ricin in it!

Feb 13, 2006
Transcend said:
You know, stuff like what an insurgency is, how a 3 phase converter works, THAT YOU ARE COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY INSANE.
what is an "insurgency" Trogsend? where have you shown I've talked about "insurgency"? where have you shown I'm "wrong" on that notion?

what I shared about phase converters was what people told me, and I already said it's possible they're wrong. if you think shooting the messenger disproves the message, you miss a few logical steps. if you think the messenger is the author of the message, you completely misunderstand.

as to sanity,

you surely don't have the skills capacity or experience to determine that. and besides, you have to assess your own capacities first.:clue:

Feb 13, 2006
Kuntwipe, why don't you share where you get your info? since Trogsend doesn't have the cojones to share his sources, maybe you can provide enough false masculinity for the two of you!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
particle bored said:
what is an "insurgency" Trogsend? where have you shown I've talked about "insurgency"? where have you shown I'm "wrong" on that notion?

what I shared about phase converters was what people told me, and I already said it's possible they're wrong. if you think shooting the messenger disproves the message, you miss a few logical steps. if you think the messenger is the author of the message, you completely misunderstand.

as to sanity,

you surely don't have the skills capacity or experience to determine that. and besides, you have to assess your own capacities first.:clue:
Are you mental?

Quote:
Originally Posted by particle bored
please explain how Iraqi nationals defending their homeland from US military goon squads is "insurgency"

thank you

In case you need a little reminder or some basic education:

in·sur·gen·cy P Pronunciation Key (n-sûrjn-s)
n. pl. in·sur·gen·cies
The quality or circumstance of being rebellious.
An instance of rebellion; an insurgence.

Main Entry: in·sur·gen·cy
Pronunciation: in-'s&r-j&n-sE
Function: noun
Inflected Form: plural -cies
: the quality or state of being insurgent; specifically : a condition of revolt against a recognized government that does not reach the proportions of an organized revolutionary government and is not recognized as belligerency

They have a legitimate, elected government. They are rebelling.

This is an insurgency, please shut up unless you are actually capable of holding a proper discussion.

Christ, I thought Burley was bad.

Feb 13, 2006
Transcend said:
Are you mental?
no, but clearly you have nothing to support your views, and simply choose to attack anything that is contrary to them.

personal attack is no substitute for rationale. pretty surprising you can't muster any patience for a discussion. aren't you some big media honch who is the hero to all who ride DH in the UK? doesn't Steve Jones lick your soiled silk panties? doesn't Mike Rose offer to rimjob you?

oops. sorry. I was imitating you for a moment there.

Transcend said:
(1)They have a legitimate, elected government. They are rebelling.

(2)This is an insurgency, please shut up unless you are actually capable of holding a proper discussion.

(3)Christ, I thought Burley was bad.
(1) whom is it that has the legitimate elected government? did you visit Iraq and poll the citizens? what is the source of this assertion?

(2) answer (1) and we can address whether this is even close to correct. that is, if you have any facts to support your BELIEFS.

(3) I did too, but I don't know what Kuntwipe actually knows, only what her bloody gash posts here.