Quantcast

Holy Crap look what I found located in Bristol CT

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
I've never been there, but I always wanted to go when i lived in CT. I heard that they're real strict about safety equipment, apparently some kid died there a few years back. Anyway, it looks pretty ill.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
That park actually looks like it would be fun to play with for a few days. Too bad I'm really far away from there.

Private parks pretty much have to be strict with safety equipment because of insurance and liability concerns. But, really. Would you want to lawn dart off of one of those decks and never eat solid food again?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by scofflaw23
I've never been there, but I always wanted to go when i lived in CT. I heard that they're real strict about safety equipment, apparently some kid died there a few years back. Anyway, it looks pretty ill.
Hell I suck so bad I'll be fully decked out with helmet, knee pads and elbow pads anyway.

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Traveling the eastern U.S.
Originally posted by MMcG
They don't allow MTBS, but they do allow BMX!! I'm gonna go there with my Haro!
Interesting. I've never ridden a bike in a park, so I'm not too knowledgeable about these things? I can see a "no bikes" rule, but to not allow 26" wheelers seems strange. Would someone care to edify me, please?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by gorgechris
Interesting. I've never ridden a bike in a park, so I'm not to knowledgeable about these things? I can see a "no bikes" rule, but to not allow 26" wheelers seems strange. Would someone care to edify me, please?
It's run by the Boy Scouts I think - so maybe they just aren't aware of the trend towards 26" urban/park/DJ type hardails and stuff. Not sure.

Also I think it is a pretty small place so perhaps that's why no Big bikes.

Squid

Chimp
Dec 13, 2002
Rochester, NY
Originally posted by MMcG
'
That's in Rochester - land of the Jackelopes. Echo and his crew ride there often I believe. Looks sweet!
It's very cool! Weren't you supposed to hook up with us and ride there around the holidays at some point???? :think:

I need to drag my BMX bike out and head out there, I havent been in awhile. Maybe when Echo gets back from Arizona...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Squid
It's very cool! Weren't you supposed to hook up with us and ride there around the holidays at some point???? :think:

I need to drag my BMX bike out and head out there, I havent been in awhile. Maybe when Echo gets back from Arizona...
I was, but then holiday plans changed and I never got back to Rochester for the New Year's weekend.

I'd like to hit xdreams with you guys some other time though. I need to learn a lot.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
There's only one indoor park in Indy that will allow bikes. They actually let anything ride here - unless it's one of those lame-arse Razor scooters.

I'm going tonight, in fact. My first time on a bike since about a week before my son was born.