Quantcast

Holy crap. Michael Schumacher is in a coma

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Damn. How hard did he hit to have that result with a helmet on?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
helmet hitting a rock doesn't prevent brain from hitting skull.

Good vibes. He was about as dominant a competitor as you could ever see in ANY sport.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Shades of Liam Neeson's wife. Given consciousness after sounds like an epidural bleed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Celebrity tweets are being posted! Must be serious! :rolleyes:

This sucks, hopefully he is okay in the end. Good to read that he was wearing a helmet.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Shades of Liam Neeson's wife. Given consciousness after sounds like an epidural bleed.
Big difference , she declined treatment then died later. He was flown from the slopes via life flight to the trauma center and operated on. The ski patrollers that were first on scene and ordered up the helo are the only reason he had any chance at all. They did a damn good job. Lets hope he makes it.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Big difference , she declined treatment then died later. He was flown from the slopes via life flight to the trauma center and operated on. The ski patrollers that were first on scene and ordered up the helo are the only reason he had any chance at all. They did a damn good job. Lets hope he makes it.
i had a friend with a similar injury a few months ago.
fell of a motorcycle, and was conscious after the hit.... his brother saw him at the hospital, and he was talkative (although my friend did not recognize his brother).
after the ct results came in, he had emergency surgery to release pressure from the swelling brain; then he went into coma for 45 days.

now he is missing a huge part of the skull, with 2 big dents in the top of the head... he is a bit slow, wears diapers and his speech is kinda slurred; but fortunately he is alive, nonetheless.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Happend at Le Mans this year too. Driver hammered the wall at ~120mph. Got out was talking, seemed fine. Died in the hospital from a brain bleed they couldn't stop.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Damn good job from what I've read! I certainly hope he pulls through...he is a great racer!