Quantcast

HOLY CRAP this can't be legal?!?!?!?!?!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Wow. I like that there is an Emergency section. So now when little Billy's cat gets hit by a car you can replace it before he gets home... with the exact same cat! Seriously though, that's both very cool and a bit creepy all at the same time. I don't want to clone my cat. When he dies I want to have him stuffed.

D

d-sop

what the flying fcuk?
"Refrigerate but don't freeze your pet."
im not havin a dead animal in my refrigerator. thats just f-ed up

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Yah seems like an odd way to avoid greiving from the loss of a pet. With the ability to put on a "bandaid" from the loss of something as minor as losing a pet, imagine it will only take a few more years and dollars to bring grandma back as well. Cloning has it's place, but in my opinion this application is ridiculous.
But it shouldn't be suprising, all pets are human creation or deviation, thru centuries of breeding anyways.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
dam... kind of scary, don't really like hearing about cloning at all, espacially when you know this type of cloning has been extensively tested on animals...

Let's see what the future holds for us: will we be ourselves in 200 years in a different body??

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
LOL, you guys think this is scary. The latest is the growth of neurons on silicon wafers which is the primary gap between the interface of carbon and silicon (reads biological to electronics). Check this link: http://www.usc.edu/uscnews/stories/8213.html
Does this sound a bit like Johnny Neumonic?
Now, take this one step further. If that interface will allow someone to "download/offload/copy/backup" someone’s neuro-net map, we'd have a way of preserving that "personality". That's the Sixth Day right there for ya.
Like I've been telling some of my coworkers, the next computer science revolution will also be a medical/biological revolution in the integration of computer hardware into the human system for performance enhancements. Can you imagine the degree requirements needed to work in something like this?!

Edit: This was in the news recently, you guys will also love this: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/22/mind_power_pc/

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Pau11y said:
LOL, you guys think this is scary. The latest is the growth of neurons on silicon wafers which is the primary gap between the interface of carbon and silicon (reads biological to electronics). Check this link: http://www.usc.edu/uscnews/stories/8213.html
Does this sound a bit like Johnny Neumonic?
Now, take this one step further. If that interface will allow someone to "download/offload/copy/backup" someone’s neuro-net map, we'd have a way of preserving that "personality". That's the Sixth Day right there for ya.
Like I've been telling some of my coworkers, the next computer science revolution will also be a medical/biological revolution in the integration of computer hardware into the human system for performance enhancements. Can you imagine the degree requirements needed to work in something like this?!
I will be partially studying this field at university. I am studying the field of 'Cybernetics and Robotics'. Should be fun. Muahaha.

They've actually neuro-net mapped Einsteins brain and are waiting for this technology to come through so they can recreate him :\.