Quantcast

Holy crap....

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
So, I apologize for this not being bike related, and also since most everyone on here doesnt know me, but i just found out I'm going to be a dad in 9 months..... :help: Are there any other dads who had trouble finding riding time?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
congratulations man!! i'm going to be a dad in 2 months, my summer riding pretty much ends after the Open. i've got several friends with kids who ride... it can be done!! (probably just not 'till the lil guy is a year old tho...)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
wannabeabonedoc said:
So, I apologize for this not being bike related, and also since most everyone on here doesnt know me, but i just found out I'm going to be a dad in 9 months..... :help: Are there any other dads who had trouble finding riding time?

Post this in the Lounge, you'll get a boatload of advise.

CONGRATS!

:thumb: :thumb:

And yes, at first the riding time will be hampered. Keep this in mind, but make sure you do make time for yourself. It's good for everyone.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i know someone else that had a kid about a year ago and he has had very little riding time. now he has another one on the way. now he will have just about no riding time. :(

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Congrats! Scary as hell isn't it? :D (I'm going to be a dad in 6 months). From what I've seen some of my friends go through, it's give and take. Guarantee her the time to do what she likes in exchange for ride-time.

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
Congratulations!!!
I've got three of the things...your life will never be the same, but it's a good change. The fun part is teaching THEM to ride when they get to the age. My middle daughter wouldn't go without training wheels last spring -- end of the summer she was launching herself off a 1-foot ramp.
You just have to find balance. We goto Snoe Shoe -- they swim, I ride. It also helps that in most of Va. you don't have to travel very far to ride -- less time away from the family.