Quantcast

Holy Crap!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
MUTOLI said:
Is it Dh, or XC?? What is it like?
there are xc trails at the bottom, and shuttle trails at the top. makes for long runs, 1.5-3 hours or so i'd reckon. there are logs, lovely drops to transitions, bermed turns, nice views. mmm. :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
Is it Dh, or XC?? What is it like?
Oh my goodness! It's a super flowing more of an XC trail, but some ppl were riding bigger bikes and having no problem. It's a real easy single track climb up to the top. On top there are stunts that are really well built, not do or die (at least on Family Man:sneaky: ) Up higher are some more advance one.

The trail down is amazing :heart: So much flow, tons of banked berms and sections you can just pump your bike though. You and Ethan would love it.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Snacks said:
Oh my goodness! It's a super flowing more of an XC trail, but some ppl were riding bigger bikes and having no problem. It's a real easy single track climb up to the top. On top there are stunts that are really well built, not do or die (at least on Family Man:sneaky: ) Up higher are some more advance one.

The trail down is amazing :heart: So much flow, tons of banked berms and sections you can just pump your bike though. You and Ethan would love it.
Sounds fun. We will have to make a trip there! Let me know the next time you go (weekend) since you guys suck and are on vacation and going during the week! ;)

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
evilbob said:
Yea I would like to know this too. Good for the Jykell or the Dumbo 9. I have never been there and when are you going again?
sounds like Snacks stuck to the bottom. we often start our shuttle runs from Family Man, the highest point that she reached :D

if you head up top with a shuttle then bring the big bike. my canfield feels right at home on those trails and there are parts of the trail to challenge even a solid rider on a big bike.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Toshi said:
sounds like Snacks stuck to the bottom. we often start our shuttle runs from Family Man, the highest point that she reached :D

if you head up top with a shuttle then bring the big bike. my canfield feels right at home on those trails and there are parts of the trail to challenge even a solid rider on a big bike.
Ok, but where, it sounds like the big bike would be the most fun.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Toshi said:

Ya, the highest point we reached was Family Man, then took Snap Dragon(???) down. I was on a woman only clinic there an none of us had ever been there so we were playing it safe. Plus the climb to Family man is not bad at all.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
evilbob said:
Ok, but where, it sounds like the big bike would be the most fun.
i volunteer myself as tour guide for some sunny summer weekend :D . other people who know the area on RM: ekmonf (currently in vancouver, bc), zane, TWISTED

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Hey Toshi, How's seattle treating you?

Eknomf is back in vancouver until the end of august, we rode falls city last saturday. It was Suh-weet! The best jumps I've seen in this area, with one heck of a climb up.

About Post Canyon though, that place is built really well. If you bring a small bike (more XCish) I'd say stick to the bottom, but a big bike and shuttling is what makes that place the most fun.

The trails above family man are the biggest and best, This is what a long shuttle run consists of: (From top to bottom) ONT has some Huge skinny stuff, Two chair is fast Dh, X-Chorus has some cool drops & jumps with skinnies in between, there's a big and fast jump section after chorus (almost finished), egghunt is pretty much a continuation of chorus. Next you have a huge drop with a man-sized double directly after, still out of my league... after that is the road gap. You then have 2 choices- Upper GP, which is where they held the gorge games (I'm sure you've all seen that) and 8-track, a fun little trail with small but difficult shore stuff and small drops. Both trials link up to lower GP, which has 3 drops that get bigger ending in a nice 10-footer, followed by a new step-up. The trail continues after the step-up but it isn't finished so you have to hike out... we usually just hop on the road and take a short XC trail back to drop zone (or drop out, I've heard it called both) and family man.

That's our usual shuttle run on the top, but there's also some cool trails at the bottom. 7 streams connects drop zone to the lower road, it's fast and has some cool small hits along the way. 12 bridges runs along the lower road and has some fun little skinny stuff.

Then there's the big trails up the lower road (post canyon drive): There's Frankenstein, which has some weird and burly lines (badass trail though) and connects to the middle of 7 streams, and the 3 short parallel trails (highball & east jesus, both are good, and some other trail that isn't that great). One has some cool shore stuff with jumps and the other has fast, flowy drops and jumps. All 3 end up at a cool skinny to drop and a dirt wallride on the road.

Well, that's all I can think of for Dh/freeride Post Canyon at the moment..... GFRA is always working on something new and there's more trails that I didn't mention, but the ones I've spoken of are what I feel is the best.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
WOW that place sounds sweet! Toshi- I'd love to come up and have you show Chris and I around. We are hoping to make a loop around the BC resorts in the next month or so.
Post some pics of Post Canyon!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
girlwhoboards said:
that would be sweet Toshi...let's get a big van and carpool the lot of us down to post some weekend :).
Come on down. We could do one day Post Canyon. The second day Falls City.
Tim

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
TWISTED said:
Tim
girlwhoboards said:
i'm going to try and get down next weekend 4 shur.
I'd be up for falls city and PC next weekend, I have drill this weekend and my bike should be done by the end of next week (light 26 back wheel, 66, light tires- after riding landon's bike I realized my bike needs a diet).

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I haven't ridden moto in a while, probably 3 years now. I don't know margie- my fiancee's name is caitlin. But, if I remember right washougal has practice days one weekend each month and the cost is pretty low. I stopped going to them after I broke my wrist at one.... And the entire tillamook state forest is covered with moto trails, some great riding is out there (brown's camp, jones creek, diomond mill, prison camp, etc).

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
TWISTED said:
Tim
Falls City sounds really cool also. I meet some dude that works at Mt. View Cycles in Hood River, he used to live down there and mentioned it was a great place to ride.