Quantcast

Holy fuck, Tornado Hit the show today

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
so fucking lucky that no one was killed or injured and only one horse go trapped and only ended up with minor cuts and scrapes. Tornado came out of nowhere went over the top of the competition arena then touched down and hit one of the temporary barns which was full of people and horses and just lifted that sucker into the air about 30 feet and dropped it. One horse got trapped inside and the fire department had to cut the steel framing apart so we could drag the now sedated horse out. I saw the whole dam thing. As I was running to it I was on the radio to the show office telling them that barn 5 had collapsed and to call for vets and fire for injured people. Only two people were stuck inside and we got them out uninjured. In the first photo you can see where the barn used to sit on the dirt. And yes it was anchored down.

187431266_4613370382013269_3957380893675473624_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Can't come out of nowhere though, thunderstorms were predicted? Thunderstorms have the chance of microbursts, tornadoes, hail, etc. Convective outlook will give you an idea of what is going on for TS. I don't screw around with TS, it's not worth riding or doing anything outdoors and getting caught based on my experience (getting caught in several).

I've been riding a few feet from where the lightning is hitting. Scary AF and I wouldn't do it again.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
we had small scattered clouds over us but no thunderheads within 7-8 miles. Winds were only at 10 with gusts to 20. No weather alerts were on my scanner. totally freakish
The vertical development is what matters. There were a few tornados inn AZ when I lived there. Saw a waterspout here a few years back. Also, winds aloft are what really matter. Lots of sheer aloft helps contribute to bad TSs. Bad TS create lots of wind on the ground, but wind on the ground doesn't really create TS.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dumbest thing gm ever did besides building Saturn's was putting the plant in Tennessee tornado alley....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Can't come out of nowhere though, thunderstorms were predicted? Thunderstorms have the chance of microbursts, tornadoes, hail, etc. Convective outlook will give you an idea of what is going on for TS. I don't screw around with TS, it's not worth riding or doing anything outdoors and getting caught based on my experience (getting caught in several).

I've been riding a few feet from where the lightning is hitting. Scary AF and I wouldn't do it again.
You have no idea how happy I was not to find that during my initial search of the collapsed structure

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Last year at this time there were riots happening near me and most of the business' nearby were closed or boarded up. Now everything is open. Much betterer. Cops used tear gas to ward off the stupidity. I can have my windows open now with out worry. much betterer. Thankful. It was 80 degrees and sunny today....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You have no idea how happy I was not to find that during my initial search of the collapsed structure
When I was in high school there was a freak tornado that unfortunately hit the amusement park a few towns over. A bunch of people I knew from HS would work there every summer. The tornado collapsed a pavilion at the amusement park (among other damage) and killed someone. One of the people I knew from HS found the body, it messed him up pretty good for a while.