Quantcast

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
answer was in the question
how do I know anything about their hubs? their political credo? Their mission statement? Their Yelp status? Their blog? Their "likes"? How do I poke them? What colors can I special order and what do those colors look like? Can I get them before Da Peach can? Do they pay their tithe? How do I trust them if they don't have an "About Us" page?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
how do I know anything about their hubs? their political credo? Their mission statement? Their Yelp status? Their blog? Their "likes"? How do I poke them? What colors can I special order and what do those colors look like? Can I get them before Da Peach can? Do they pay their tithe? How do I trust them if they don't have an "About Us" page?
because you're shallow. go take a dirt bath, hipster.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
It'd be a hell of a lot easier for me, as an LBS, to sell their product if they had a website.

They used to make hubs for Reynolds road wheels....do they do anything for the road still?

And can we put their number in this thread somewhere?

Sep 4, 2009
I needed to get some parts for my Hadleys so I called that number (909) 946-6780. I talked to some dude. I told him the stuff I needed. It was in my mail box two days later no charge. Very cool people.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Question about hadleys. Is the freewheel super loud, regular or silent?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I think I answered my own question... sounds about regular to loud

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
a properly maintained hadley will be quieter than a king, but not completely silent. if you have a hadley rear hub that's making a lot of buzzing, that means it needs to be cleaned and lubricated.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
All I will say is why? Why do they need a web site? They produce one of the most respected products in the industry, are known for great customer service and I take it that they have found the ballance of success and work load that fits there needs. They produce a product that I measure all others against. Reliable, durable, very well engineered and simply just do the job that they are suppose to do. Yes it is rare for a company to find success these days soley on hard work, quality and standing behind there product and careing about there reputation. I my self have never had a bad experience with calling. Just the other day I called after hours and like I expected they returned my call the next morning. And I have paid for all 8 pairs of hubs that I have built wheels with overr the last 11 years.
I agree whole heartedly with you. Much like normal, people completely change the topic. I was major impressed with them before I bought, impressed after I bought, and now floored over how they've stood by me. I'm in disbelief. This is something American companies don't seem to do anymore after the sale is made. If GM was like this, they wouldn't be in such bad shape.

I've heard this argument over why they don't have a website before. I posted my post here because like me when I started out, I knew nothing of Hadley. I hope buyers hear such good things in my post and everyone else's that they too will buy the best hubs in the industry. Like one guy said to me, "they're bomb proof." The do what they are supposed to do. The bad bearing was chipped on the inside thus it was open the whole time, and I wash my bike after every ride so even with the pressure of water from a garden hose it took a whole season and a half to get in. That says something for how well Hadley hubs are sealed. But building a great product does not always mean it's a great company. Providing incredible customer service and standing behind their product is. That's what I heard about Hadley before I bought and was the decision maker for me, and that's what Hadley has done in my case.

Someone here mentioned the loudness of them. I actually like the slightly louder spin sound. It's not really louder, it just has more ticks which make it sound like a higher pitched "bizz" than a slower "tick tick tick" sound. That "bizz", is the sound of highly precision machined parts working well together like a high performance motor

My problem was a bearing that was defective and quite frankly, Hadley doesn't make bearings. It wasn't their fault. However, they replaced everything, including the hub. They called the other day and they told me I'm getting a whole new hub to go with the parts and they're going to re-lace the wheel. I offered to pay the shipping, lacing etc, and Suzanne said, "No, you don't have to do that. We'll take care of it all." That's just unheard of in America anymore. That's American PRIDE!

I'm not ass kissing, that's loyal customer experience for a great product. Enough about not having a website. I just want to thank everyone on RM that has them that turned me onto them!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
So, about to order myself some Hadleys. Question:

Are the tools necessary, or can I get by with a spanner (red/ green) and a cone wrench?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Are the tools necessary, or can I get by with a spanner (red/ green) and a cone wrench?
not really necessary, but they make it a heck of a lot easier.

only cone wrench that's hard to source elsewhere IIRC is for their 20mm front hubs

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
and lastly, since I need to figure out spoke lengths tonight or tomorrow morning, are these number from 2006 still correct?
All measurements in mm

Hadley QR front: Flange dia=56, center to right=24, center to left=33

Hadley 135 rear: Flange dia=60, center to right=20.3, center to left=33.7

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.

Unless you intend to take your hub apart they're not needed. But if you are, they're well worth it. Hadley's tools as you can see in the pic are specialized for their hub. There are more pins on that fit in the holes much better than a spanner tool. Not sure where JonKranked got 20mm. It's not a 20mm. It's a 21mm cone wrench. See pic for the proof.

(29mm pin spanner, 21mm cone, and 16mm spanner)

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Unless you intend to take your hub apart they're not needed. But if you are, they're well worth it. Hadley's tools as you can see in the pic are specialized for their hub. There are more pins on that fit in the holes much better than a spanner tool. Not sure where JonKranked got 20mm. It's not a 20mm. It's a 21mm cone wrench. See pic for the proof.

(29mm pin spanner, 21mm cone, and 16mm spanner)
not really necessary, but they make it a heck of a lot easier.

only cone wrench that's hard to source elsewhere IIRC is for their 20mm front hubs
reading comprehension fail. :facepalm: