Quantcast

Holy hell Saturday GMT what the eff

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The one upside of being diagnosed with pneumonia is that it gives me a pretty solid excuse to call in sick for the duration of antibiotics (so through this upcoming Thursday).

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Loading up the XC skis and gonna go for a jaunt at RMNP. I fully intend to push things a little harder this time and see how these things really perform.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Got back from PDX late last night. Enthusiasm for work at low ebb, so I called in. Considering doing it again and going skiing tomorrow. Gonna hang with the family and get some house stuff done.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Well my biggest job interview turned into nothing. Seems they were really looking for totally different candidate. So mostly a waste of my time.
I am finding this to be the case in high tech these days. The open slots are incredibly deep and narrow, unless of course you are hired/recommended by a friend in which case the "match" does not matter at all. :crazy:

Morning! Started lacing new wheel. I hope I am going to ride a little later in the afternoon. Days are finally getting noticeably longer, too.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I am finding this to be the case in high tech these days. The open slots are incredibly deep and narrow, unless of course you are hired/recommended by a friend in which case the "match" does not matter at all. :crazy:

Morning! Started lacing new wheel. I hope I am going to ride a little later in the afternoon. Days are finally getting noticeably longer, too.
I can only agree the jobs I have interview for has been super deep and narrow. I understand what come of the companies are trying to do but there is just not an unlimited amount of talent. I do lot of hiring myself and I'm working on finding ways to much more effectively onboard new staff and get them the knowledge they need to preform in the organisation. Also too many companies should hire a little broader and get some new perspective on their business in stead of squeezing people into their world.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yo.

Saturday is a Saturday. I woke up early, hit the shed and then decided to go back to sleep. Bad idea, as that combo just made me feel even more tired when I eventually woke up. Went up to the bike shop and buddy handed me a lime green Chromag OSX bar and said to just get him a beer on a ride later to cover it. Okay, DEAL.

Now at work. Ugh.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Just landed in Madrid, Spain. Time to drink beer, eat paella and Jamon Iberico de Serrano.
Oh and i need to watch a football game tonight, but ill make sure im drunk enough not to get bored...
i'd head for the mountains....but enjoy.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I have come to the conclusion that I enjoy not working. Won't someone donate me a trust fund?

Waiting my turn at the car wash now, having stopped off at the hobby shop for replacement parts earlier.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Jarred my knee slipping on ice taking out the garbage this morning, scouted out part of the ride I wanted to do tomorrow but it's still too snowy. Could be worse I guess...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My streak of no bikes in 2017 was broken yesterday with 10 miles of roots, rocks, and dirt. And then today snuck in 20 miles on the greenway with friends. Bikes r awesome.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The kids were assholes today, and my wife is in a terrible mood. Tonight's AWESOME fatbike ride made everything right again. That feeling of drifting around corners like you're powersliding... The best. Goodnight kind fellows.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
We tried a new Restaurant in Livermore
The Garre' Cafe at Garre Winery. The food was superb as was the service and atmosphere. We had the Jambalaya, Beef Short Ribs, Angus Beef Strip Steak, Salmon Risotto with sides of Roasted Cauliflower and Snap Peas. Dessert was NY Cheese Cake and Chocolate Pecan Tort.

Damn glad I went for a hard ride and a hike today to create a big enough calorie deficit for the meal