Quantcast

Holy hell

J

JRB

This lady just got a call on her personal cell phone that was a wrong number. She just started yelling at the guy. What the hell??? Why are people like that??? Why should you get reamed for dialing the wrong number? What a dumb bitch. :stosh:

J

JRB

laura said:
you are always up in somebody else business.
She was yelling. I just wondered if anyone else has those people or if they think it is weird. meh - leave me alone :eviltongu

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
loco said:
She was yelling. I just wondered if anyone else has those people or if they think it is weird. meh - leave me alone :eviltongu
It's true, though... You're worse than an old woman. I think you need a little more excitement in your life so that you will focus on your own business rather than everyone else's :p

J

JRB

Leave me alone :p

My business right now is that I pooted in my office. Shouldn't I just focus on her yelling???

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
loco said:

i think it's weird when a lot of people do a lot of different things. so much so, that i chose to ignore what is going on around me most of the time. i talk to myself, bite my nails and twist and chew on my hair, sing along to any music playing anywhere if i know the words and scream at people in my car. some of my habits go beyond weird and to the point of gross. thats why i would hope that people ignore me, like i ignore them and then we can all just get along by pretending the other is not there. but there's probably some dude right now typing on some internet board about the gross girl in front of him in line at walgreen's yesterday that was sining along to the musac, talking to herself in the cold medicine isle and chewing on her hair. if that is the case, he should learn to mind his own business too.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
laura said:
i think it's weird when a lot of people do a lot of different things. so much so, that i chose to ignore what is going on around me most of the time. i talk to myself, bite my nails and twist and chew on my hair, sing along to any music playing anywhere if i know the words and scream at people in my car. some of my habits go beyond weird and to the point of gross. thats why i would hope that people ignore me, like i ignore them and then we can all just get along by pretending the other is not there. but there's probably some dude right now typing on some internet board about the gross girl in front of him in line at walgreen's yesterday that was sining along to the musac, talking to herself in the cold medicine isle and chewing on her hair. if that is the case, he should learn to mind his own business too.
Where is that Asshat award thread? I nominate Laura for hardest delivery of the smackdown award!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
laura said:
but there's probably some dude right now typing on some internet board about the gross girl in front of him in line at walgreen's yesterday that was sining along to the musac, talking to herself in the cold medicine isle and chewing on her hair. if that is the case, he should learn to mind his own business too.
Well I wasn't going to say anything....... but since you brought it up...... that was just gross in a sorta hot kinda way :D

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
I think locos point is where is the consideration in the world. Why does she need to yell at this person for calling the wrong number. Its just like that guy that will not let people in his lane when someone has his turn signal on. Or that guy that doesn't hold the door open for a little old lady and cuts right in front of her. I know that I don't want to be that jurk or A hole. Consideration has depleted in this world. Its not the fact that hes up in here business its that hes recognizing that she has no consideration for peps. what was her point.

J

JRB

laura said:
She was yelling. You can't ignore that. So here's what I will take from it, next time I will keep to myself and when I accidentally dial someone, and they say no problem, I will start yelling at them like she did the poor sap that dialed her number. No it's not my business that she yelled at him. It is my business that she is a mean, crazy ass lady that I have to listen to. If she were singing Musac, cool. She wasn't she was yelling at someone for making a petty little mistake on a personal cell phone that shouldn't even be turned on while she is working. Her attitude is what is wrong with most people. People think that they do no wrong and every one else is stupid. Here's the news flash. That is not always the case. I admit, I post as many stupid threads as anyone, but you won't often see me seriously tell someone their thread is stupid. I may make a smart ass remark, but will never seriously think that I am above it. Now you made me ramble. damnit :eviltongu

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
dirtyj said:
I think locos point is where is the consideration in the world. Why does she need to yell at this person for calling the wrong number. Its just like that guy that will not let people in his lane when someone has his turn signal on. Or that guy that doesn't hold the door open for a little old lady and cuts right in front of her. I know that I don't want to be that jurk or A hole. Consideration has depleted in this world. Its not the fact that hes up in here business its that hes recognizing that she has no consideration for peps. what was her point.

So true...people are such dicks these days.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
laura said:
Post of the month :thumb:

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
So true...people are such dicks these days.
Apparently you have to be in Texas to get what I was saying. I didn't know we had our own secret code, but I guess we do. :think:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
loco said:
This lady just got a call on her personal cell phone that was a wrong number. She just started yelling at the guy. What the hell??? Why are people like that??? Why should you get reamed for dialing the wrong number? What a dumb bitch. :stosh:
Don't get mad; get even. Take yesterday, for instance. I got annoyed that our fax machine's paper supply is continually diminished by spam faxes pushing everything from stock tips to home refinances. Well, at the bottom of the one I picked up, it listed a number to fax to be "taken off the list". Fvck that! Instead, I dialed the number to "place an order" on our fax machine, set the redial for every 60 seconds, and faxed their voice number for 4 straight hours until somebody else in our office needed to send a fax. It gave me great satisfaction to bring their sales department personnel to an audible rage, which I listened to every time I had to pick something up off the printer.

"Hello, _______ of _______ Mortgage Solutions, Inc., how can I help you?"

[beep...beep...]

"GO**AMNED FAX MACHINE! THIS IS NOT A FVCKING FAX NUMBER!" [slam!]

My whole office was in tears by about the 8th call. :D

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
loco said:
Apparently you have to be in Texas to get what I was saying. I didn't know we had our own secret code, but I guess we do. :think:

hey lets get this straight. I live in texas but I'm not a redneck texan, and I'm not from here and would never claim to be. This place sucks my left testy and maybe the right one too. :mumble:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
llkoolkeg said:
My whole office was in tears by about the 8th call. :D
Hahaha... I plugged my voice line into the modem on my computer once and did the same thing to a company that was spam-faxing us. Except the volume was off, it ran in the background, and nobody else uses my phone, so I let it go almost all day.

I'm not quite sure what they did about it - I should have turned up the volume and listened.

J

JRB

dirtyj said:
hey lets get this straight. I live in texas but I'm not a redneck texan, and I'm not from here and would never claim to be. This place sucks my left testy and maybe the right one too. :mumble:
Nothing said you were Texan, but you did get the jist of the thread. Hope you get to leave soon enough. :think:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
binary visions said:
Hahaha... I plugged my voice line into the modem on my computer once and did the same thing to a company that was spam-faxing us. Except the volume was off, it ran in the background, and nobody else uses my phone, so I let it go almost all day.

I'm not quite sure what they did about it - I should have turned up the volume and listened.
Excellent. I was even once on the receiving end of a fax coming into my desk phone repeatedly when I worked at Armed Forces Journal. I couldn't tell who was doing it from just a "beep", so I programmed my phone to forward to our fax machine, received the stupid press release from a defense industry manufacturer about their latest toy, then called them back and tore them a new one. :devil:

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
loco said:
Nothing said you were Texan, but you did get the jist of the thread. Hope you get to leave soon enough. :think:
I'm trying but when you make really good money here then its a little hard.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
spam faxes are illegal. you should tell the legal department about them, as you can collect something like $500/instance for repeat abusers iirc

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Toshi said:
spam faxes are illegal. you should tell the legal department about them, as you can collect something like $500/instance for repeat abusers iirc
We don't have a legal department; we just mooch of that of our anchor client and I am not sure I want to bring this up to them w/o more background information. Any suggestions?

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
I dialed a number on the cell phone a month or so ago ...Right as I hit send, I realized I had put in the wrong number...one digit off... so I hang up right away...Maybe a full ring got off, thought it was probably more like a quarter of a ring. So a minute later this chik calls me back and asks me why I called her and why I hung up... She went on to bitch me out for 30 seconds till I hung up. That evening...made sure my old "procom" was still usable on the ancient unused IBM XT with windows 95 that sits for just such an occasion...Bout 10p started war dialing her till I got back from work the next day! God I love procom. Thought maybe I hear from her again, but no... :dancing:

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
laura said:
bite my nails and twist and chew on my hair, sing along to any music playing anywhere if i know the words and scream at people in my car. some of my habits go beyond weird and to the point of gross. thats why i would hope that people ignore me, .

Gross. People can ignore gross as well as you can ignore some guy wearing a speedo... WE STARE at gross. We just dont want to kiss it..... ;)

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Clark Kent said:
I dialed a number on the cell phone a month or so ago ...Right as I hit send, I realized I had put in the wrong number...one digit off... so I hang up right away...Maybe a full ring got off, thought it was probably more like a quarter of a ring. So a minute later this chik calls me back and asks me why I called her and why I hung up... She went on to bitch me out for 30 seconds till I hung up. That evening...made sure my old "procom" was still usable on the ancient unused IBM XT with windows 95 that sits for just such an occasion...Bout 10p started war dialing her till I got back from work the next day! God I love procom. Thought maybe I hear from her again, but no... :dancing:
that's a great pick-up story!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
loco said:
Do you know this lady's number? If so, call her every 15 minutes or so for 3 or 4 days. Maye she'll explode.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
Do you know this lady's number? If so, call her every 15 minutes or so for 3 or 4 days. Maye she'll explode.
Maybe once I move to the computer room and don't have to listen to her. :think:

J

JRB

Here we go again. How about a cordial "you have the wrong number"? instead of "YOU ARE CALLING MY CELL PHONE. TAKE ME OFF OF YOUR GODDAMN LIST". ugh

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
loco said:
Here we go again. How about a cordial "you have the wrong number"? instead of "YOU ARE CALLING MY CELL PHONE. TAKE ME OFF OF YOUR GODDAMN LIST". ugh
You need to post this woman's phone # here. I'll call her... "Hi... Is this the number for Trixy's Sex Emporium?"

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
loco said:
i'll tellin' you loco, you need to send the "you are cordially invited..." card!

J

JRB

I am pretty sure her life is soon to be over. We get $100 as a gift from the printer. They break it into 2 $50s, and have done so for well over 10 years. It's her first year here, and she took the cash and went and bought a Christmas tree for the CEOs office. No one else will see it and she plans to raffle it off and give it out after new year's. The folks that have had the chance to get the money are pissed beyond belief. The CEO doesn't know about it yet. She and captain HR decided to do it. I won $50 last year, and must say, that was just too cool since I didn't know anything about them doing it. Batty ass lady, she is. I do need to find that number.