Quantcast

Holy $hitballs....

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I had to take some prednisone (<---the frikkin devil drug) last week & besides making me manic as hell, I keep feeling like my heart is going to explode.

Nothing has ever made me wish I had a stiff cocktail this bad before.
:dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I had to take some prednisone (<---the frikkin devil drug) last week & besides making me manic as hell, I keep feeling like my heart is going to explode.

Nothing has ever made me wish I had a stiff cocktail this bad before.
:dead:
Go have a redbull and vodka.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Prednisone may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
* headache
* dizziness
* difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
* inappropriate happiness
* extreme changes in mood
* changes in personality
* bulging eyes
* acne
* thin, fragile skin
* red or purple blotches or lines under the skin
* slowed healing of cuts and bruises
* increased hair growth
* changes in the way fat is spread around the body
* extreme tiredness
* weak muscles
* irregular or absent menstrual periods
* decreased sexual desire
* heartburn
* increased sweating

Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:
* vision problems
* eye pain, redness, or tearing
* sore throat, fever, chills, cough, or other signs of infection
* seizures
* depression
* loss of contact with reality
* confusion
* muscle twitching or tightening
* shaking of the hands that you cannot control
* numbness, burning, or tingling in the face, arms, legs, feet, or hands
* upset stomach
* vomiting
* lightheadedness
* irregular heartbeat
* sudden weight gain
* shortness of breath, especially during the night
* dry, hacking cough
* swelling or pain in the stomach
* swelling of the eyes, face, lips, tongue, throat, arms, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
* difficulty breathing or swallowing
* rash
* hives
* itching

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have these anyway & pay good money for the first one & the last two.

* inappropriate happiness[/B
* bulging eyes
* increased hair growth
* absent menstrual periods
* heartburn
* increased sweating
* vision problems
* eye pain, redness, or tearing
* loss of contact with reality
* confusion

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Prednisone practically saved my life last winter.
Hows that? If you don't mind me asking.
It has helped me good deal before but it is frikkin' old school medicine. I
Ever been on it long term? Not fun.
It can seriously F' you up in the long run.
I am just lucky I only had to take a one time 40mg dose this time.:twitch:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Not LITERALLY saved my life, but I had super severe case of poison oak (the worst the doctor had seen), and it cleared it up in a matter of days. I was so swollen the skin was started to crack and bleed from the tension. It was bad, real bad. Was on it for 2 weeks, no side effects that I can recall.

Pics here (before it got so bad I had to go to the hospital)
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195644&highlight=poison+oak

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
just so it's clear, prednisone is a steroid.

you do NOT want to be on it long term unless absolutely absolutely medically necessary.

:(

and, with regard to that list of symptoms, yeah, steroid psychosis is what we call it :D

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Not LITERALLY saved my life, but I had super severe case of poison oak (the worst the doctor had seen), and it cleared it up in a matter of days. I was so swollen the skin was started to crack and bleed from the tension. It was bad, real bad. Was on it for 2 weeks, no side effects that I can recall.

Oh snap! Glad to hear ya healed up.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS

It's helped me with poison ivy more than once.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Wow...

Never knew that stuff was like that...

My ex-girlfriend had Ulcerative Colitis and was on Prednisone after her regular regimen of Asacol and Immuran wasn't helping. But she was on Prednisone before I knew her. While she was on it she had her pic taken for her old driver's license and I barely recognized her - she was all puffy.

Jesus. When I was dating her, that whole situation scared the living sh!t out of me. Didn't want to loose her to a bleed-out from the UC.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
That is sorta like my story but I have Crohn's. This round wasn't long enough to get the pie face though. :clapping:

Wow...

Never knew that stuff was like that...

My ex-girlfriend had Ulcerative Colitis and was on Prednisone after her regular regimen of Asacol and Immuran wasn't helping. But she was on Prednisone before I knew her. While she was on it she had her pic taken for her old driver's license and I barely recognized her - she was all puffy.

Jesus. When I was dating her, that whole situation scared the living sh!t out of me. Didn't want to loose her to a bleed-out from the UC.

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Probably not the prednisone causing joint discomfort because it is used to combat swelling. Your joint pain is most likely due to the Poison Ivy and your bodies natural defense in fighting the reaction.

I've been on bouts of prednisone, solumedrol, and dexamethasone for the last 15 years. I'm a walking study in the long term effects of glucocorticoids and corticosteroids. Without it I wouldnt be here.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Unless I'm about to die from an allergic reaction, keep that damn stuff away from me. Makes me feel horrible in so many ways. Prednisone side effects = :plthumbsdown:

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Unless I'm about to die from an allergic reaction, keep that damn stuff away from me. Makes me feel horrible in so many ways. Prednisone side effects = :plthumbsdown:
It all about maintaining a proper alcohol/weed/medication to blood ratio.

Better living through modern chemistry!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Probably not the prednisone causing joint discomfort because it is used to combat swelling. Your joint pain is most likely due to the Poison Ivy and your bodies natural defense in fighting the reaction.

I've been on bouts of prednisone, solumedrol, and dexamethasone for the last 15 years. I'm a walking study in the long term effects of glucocorticoids and corticosteroids. Without it I wouldnt be here.
wait wha? I must be the only one! ?
http://j-pouch.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9151071921/m/9941023181

http://ibdcrohns.about.com/cs/prescriptiondrugs/p/medprednisone.htm

http://www.arthritis-treatment-and-relief.com/prednisone-joint-pain-side-effect.html

then again...

guess not!:monkey:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have joint pain anyway, so it is hard for me to tell if it is the pred or jus the Crohns.

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
See thats the tricky part.

The steroids actually lessen my joint pain in some respect because of the reduction in swelling. On the flip side I experience a different pain because there is no longer a cushiony layer of liquid between the bones, so now I am feeling the damage actually caused by the arthritis.