Quantcast

Holy Invincible leg armor Batman!!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
wow....just got my new Roach Rally DH pads from the UPS dude today! I've never seen them up close until today and they are even burlier than i had thought. they have total leg coverage, front and back, a little knee donut suspended on an elastic strap inside the knee cup and more straps than i can count. i haven't taken a ride or fall w/ them yet but i'm already sure they'll fair better than my old generic 661 race copies.

for $55 i think i got a good deal! :D

anyhoo, here they are.

besides working great for leg protection they also serve as a tie down for small children

and as battle armor for 4-5 yr olds

and of course, they fit well for adults too :D

i'll try to give a ride/crash report soon.

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
manimal, you MAY not wanna answer your phone if it rings...on the other hand, it may already be too late....

i have a pair of those meeself, love 'em!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Yeah, those things rule! I actually cracked one, dont know how I did that!

I also got a cut in the back of my leg because my pedal actually ripped the mesh in the back of the pad. But hey, for the amount it has saved me, one cut is not too bad :thumb:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Megan Black said:
manimal, you MAY not wanna answer your phone if it rings...on the other hand, it may already be too late....

BWWAHHHAA! Nice one! Silly movie though.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
HAHAHA THATS A CRACK UP!!!! You know that would probably be considered child abuse if you did that to your kids after you used those things a couple of times.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
no doubt why distort your mug like that? If you wanna be anonymous do the AC-DC dirty deeds done dirt cheap album cover thing and put a black bar over your eyes.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Skookum said:
no doubt why distort your mug like that? If you wanna be anonymous do the AC-DC dirty deeds done dirt cheap album cover thing and put a black bar over your eyes.

i was playing around w/ photosuite and thought it looked cool......i was going to just blur it out or something but i thought the distortion looked better.

bohica- you wouldn't believe it but that crash has cured me of my usual lower back pain. it hurt like a muther the day it happened and till noon on the next day but it's like brand new now! sommersaulting down a trail gap sure was cheaper than a trip to the chiropractor :D i'll get those pics of you up soon, i'm too embarrased to put the ones of me up.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
manimal said:
bohica- you wouldn't believe it but that crash has cured me of my usual lower back pain. it hurt like a muther the day it happened and till noon on the next day but it's like brand new now! sommersaulting down a trail gap sure was cheaper than a trip to the chiropractor :D i'll get those pics of you up soon, i'm too embarrased to put the ones of me up.
Wow you're the first guy i heard of, that had a similiar crash. couple of years back, i wheelie dropped a little 3 foot drop but i lurched forward when my back wheel hit a root. Wound up on my head and shoulder with my bike pulling my torso backward since i was still clipped in. Popped my whole back and i thought "oh man i'm really ****ed now!" Got up dusted off and i felt great, i was way more limber, a little scared at first but then realized i was better than new.
i called it my chiropractic crash.
:)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Skookum said:
Wow you're the first guy i heard of, that had a similiar crash. couple of years back, i wheelie dropped a little 3 foot drop but i lurched forward when my back wheel hit a root. Wound up on my head and shoulder with my bike pulling my torso backward since i was still clipped in. Popped my whole back and i thought "oh man i'm really ****ed now!" Got up dusted off and i felt great, i was way more limber, a little scared at first but then realized i was better than new.
i called it my chiropractic crash.
:)
i did it off of this.

note to self: if you get squirrely on the run-up, don't try to stop, just pull up and hope for the best, it's better than nosing off of a trail gap :nuts:

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
reminds me of Homer Simpson's chiropractic garbage can. Be careful about spreading it around the internet though or else the real chiropractors will kidnap you.

bohica

Chimp
Jun 15, 2002
just south of everywhere
too bad we weren't using the camera or the video when you did it. I'm sure the pictures would be interesting. I'm going to make a sign to put on the front of the take off ramp and it will read "tubby drop" in your honor.

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
Let us know how they ride. I tried those same ones on just last week, I thought it was a pain in the neck with all the straps. But hey, maybe it's worth it if they stay in place as I still have yet to find a pair that will.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i took them on a trail ride today. took me a little while to get them set up right but once they were on they didn't move an inch. it took about a mile before they softened up and settled in but i didn't notice them after that.

bohica - i'm honored to have that dropped named after me :D