Quantcast

HOLY POOP! I can't belive BET would air this. Talk about perpetuating a sterotype...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
This aired on BET a while ago, and stirred up a bunch of poo poo. Jesse Jackson was quoted to say "it presents all the worst stereotypes of black people"

Anyway, if you are NOT AT WORK, and there are NO KIDS AROUND, watch this video. I just can't believe it aired on BET

Again, NSFW!

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
I can believe that they would air it
and personally its funny as hell
whatever gets kids attention I guess?
Its not neccisarly perpep. a sterotype either
its more of a public service annoucment, with more little John and the eastside boyzzz
lmfao

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Perpetuating a sterotype huh?

Not one for reading between the lines eh?

Wha?? You mean it's a satire???

Yes, I knew that, but..... it does perpetuate a stereotype just in the fact that it was made. Yes, it was made as satire, BUT, there had to be something to base the satire on in the first place, eh?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Wha?? You mean it's a satire???

Yes, I knew that, but..... it does perpetuate a stereotype just in the fact that it was made. Yes, it was made as satire, BUT, there had to be something to base the satire on in the first place, eh?
I watched The Mike Lee show http://www.themikeleeshow.com/ .a public access show here in Richmond on this subject. He had some very interesting things to say about Jesse and Al (Sharpton)who he thought were worse at pepetuating the stereotype by preaching their rhetoric and that they were more responsible for keeping the black man down than anyone else. He thought it was great that someone made a video that challenged young black males to better themselves. But OMG if that happened Jesse and Al would be out of a job and they wouldn't want that!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
you ever watch boondocks (adult swim)? this stuff is their stock in trade, and what the blue collar tour tries in vain to accomplish.

some more goodness:
be sure & check out the related videos for more 'nigga moments'

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You could direct that at 99.9% percent of the artists played on BET.

And all the white kids who listen to it.