Quantcast

Holy Rollers...

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Anybody runnin' 'em yet? Mine should arrive today or tomorrow! What some opinions on these. All I've heard is that they wear out fast.(on a BMX bike, that is.) I'll be using the 26x2.4 versions. :dancing:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I've been running them for awhile now and I love them. They are tons lighter than hookworms, but not near as durable (pinch resistence) nor as grippy on concrete. However I love them because they roll fast and I can ride street, park, and the jumps without changing my tires. Off road beware though, they don't grip as good as you might think. Hookworms you know will be sketchy off road but Holy rollers give enough grip to fool you sometimes. I two wheel drifted more than I care to and already once they put me face first on the deck. But thats because I'm pushing them harder than I should off-road. But all in all an excellent tire.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
dirtyj said:
I use mine to dirt jump and never had problems.
ive seen you at TRU on a hardtail with straight up slicks thought too.... :p

i think like everyone here is saying, they are a better all around tire than hookworms, but they arent an off road tire so to speak... nice to not have to change on the dirt jump, street, bmx track bike though

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
they work great for me i like them better then the hookworms, I run a holy roller in the back and a knobby in the front and have no problem with traction when riding trails.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
iv been on them for almost 6 months now and love em, they hook up great in the park, street and smooth dirt. lately i have been jumpiing my small bike with the hr's on it at our local big bike jumps and once you get used to how they handle its not that bad. at first i had a hookworm on the back and was doing 2 wheel drifts around corners it was nasty