Quantcast

Holy S#it...I can't believe human beings could sink this low

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
A friend sent me this link and frankly I'll just paraphrase because I think the more hits this website has the more ammo these people will have to spread the "Word of GOD" I think the name of the site says it all. www.godhatesfags.com

This is the homepage of the Westboro (sp?) Baptist Church.
Believe it when I say they even have a counter for number of days Matthew Shepard and Diane Wipple have been in Hell. Man these guys are as bad as the KKK imo. Basically a hate site that says all homosexuals must die. Is there hope for humanity? Evidence points to "NO".

Ranger

Swift, Silent, Deadly!
Aug 16, 2001
Y'all can't see me...
Servus!

This is shocking to you after Jerry Falwell claimed that homosexuals and single mothers incited God's Wrath™ who summarily punished the United States on Septmber 11th?

Please. I lost faith a long time ago. I'm just here for the seminar....

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I remember this page. It was infamous after the Mathew Sheppard case. Check that page out on the site if you really want to be pissed off.

These people should be deported. But who would want them?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Ranger
Please. I lost faith a long time ago. I'm just here for the seminar....
It doesn't take a big man to hate. I have no comment that hasn't already been better said.

That said... you have the best quote I've read all week. Consider it stolen... :D

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Total load of $hit.
God doesn't hate ANYBODY.
:think: Well, except maybe those who twist His words to support their own vendetta.
JESUS CHRIST DIED ONLY FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE
No, Christ died for everybody, Jackass. :rolleyes:

This guy's probably got some serious skeletons in his closet. "Me thinks thou dost protest too much." :D

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I forget where I heard it, but there was this guy asking one of "these types" of haters "Did (this transvestite teen that was beat to death) deserve to get killed?"

The person's answer?

"I'm not saying he deserves to be murdered, just that all F*gs should die a horible death and burn in hell"

And how is that different from what the dude asked?
:rolleyes:

Pistol

Chimp
Jul 8, 2002
SD
Wouldn't it be cool if the gay community started something akin to the Black Panthers? They could call themselves the Pink Lions and beat the piss out of people who condone violence towards gays.

Of course I'm (semi) joking, but what else can be done to stop this BS? I am fortunate to live in a very tolerable and progressive place, but I can't imagine what it would be like to grow up somewhere where people believe it's okay (and even good) to kill someone else only because they are different.

zibbler

Monkey
Crap like this pisses me off. No, God does NOT hate homosexuals. He may hate what they do, but he doesn't hate them.

It's been said that the single biggest cause of atheism in the world today is christians. I think that's true. So many people that "claim" to be christian, or maybe really are christians, have warped and twisted things around so much that the rest of the world wants nothing to do with it. I'll bet THAT pisses God off more than anything. There are a lot of christians that are nothing like these fanatics. unfortunately, you only here about these fringe ones, not the ones that do good for the rest of the world.

I'm a christian, but am often hesitant to say so because I don't want to be lumped together with a bunch of fringe fanatics. It shames me and pisses me off with some of the stuff these people do. :angry:

Pistol

Chimp
Jul 8, 2002
SD
Originally posted by zibbler
No, God does NOT hate homosexuals. He may hate what they do, but he doesn't hate them.
Okay, I'm confused about this. Why does God hate what homos do in their free time?

Time for a metaphor: I'm a vegetarian. I have no problem sitting next to someone who eats meat. If they offer me some, I will politely decline, but I do not begrudge them for eating it; it's just not for me. Just like homosexuality. It's a foreign concept to me, because it's not what I'm into, but I really don't see what is wrong about it. It's just different, and there is nothing wrong at all with that.

So, why does God hate homosexual acts? I know He says it's wrong for two dudes (or two chicks) to kick it together, but why is it wrong? Even if it grosses Him out, why would he care?

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by Pistol

So, why does God hate homosexual acts? I know He says it's wrong for two dudes (or two chicks) to kick it together, but why is it wrong? Even if it grosses Him out, why would he care?
I'm not God, and I won't even pretend to know the mind of God. But the gist I get from the biblical standpoint is that he created a man and a women, and they were anatomically created to be "compatical" with one another and to be able to reproduce. Two men or two women cannot produce offspring. In a nutshell, I guess what is worng from a biblical standpoint is that it is a "perversion" of what God created humans to be. Don't flame me for it, I'm just stating what I see from the biblical standpoint.

Now, from the physical standpoint. Think about it for a minute. The anus was designed to allow waste to exit the body. The muscle structure is designed in such a way so that things (feces) can EXIT the body. It is not intended for objects to enter it. This causes all kinds of physical problems from incontinence to infection and disease.

If you look at the majority of the laws God instituted for the Jews in the Old Testament, you will realize that he was not trying to be a killjoy or keep them from enjoying their lives. The majority of the laws were for sanitary reasons, such as what to do with human waste, the rituals that were used for cleansing, sexual practices, food preperations etc...

So, in this respect I will say again... God does not hate these people, but rather what they do because it is actually harmful to them. Much in the same way he doesn't hate a murderer, but hates tha act of murder because it has harmed a human (His creation). Does that make sense?

Pistol

Chimp
Jul 8, 2002
SD
Much in the same way he doesn't hate a murderer, but hates tha act of murder because it has harmed a human (His creation). Does that make sense?
Yeah, that makes sense; and sorry if I came across like I was flaming you, I didn't mean for it to be that way. I still don't agree, but I do respect your opinions nonetheless.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal

I'm not God, and I won't even pretend to know the mind of God. But the gist I get from the biblical standpoint is that he created a man and a women, and they were anatomically created to be "compatical" with one another and to be able to reproduce. Two men or two women cannot produce offspring. In a nutshell, I guess what is worng from a biblical standpoint is that it is a "perversion" of what God created humans to be. Don't flame me for it, I'm just stating what I see from the biblical standpoint.

Now, from the physical standpoint. Think about it for a minute. The anus was designed to allow waste to exit the body. The muscle structure is designed in such a way so that things (feces) can EXIT the body. It is not intended for objects to enter it. This causes all kinds of physical problems from incontinence to infection and disease.

If you look at the majority of the laws God instituted for the Jews in the Old Testament, you will realize that he was not trying to be a killjoy or keep them from enjoying their lives. The majority of the laws were for sanitary reasons, such as what to do with human waste, the rituals that were used for cleansing, sexual practices, food preperations etc...

So, in this respect I will say again... God does not hate these people, but rather what they do because it is actually harmful to them. Much in the same way he doesn't hate a murderer, but hates tha act of murder because it has harmed a human (His creation). Does that make sense?
If in fact you subscribe to the ideal that men and women were created by God to facilitate procreation of mankind, then by that line of thinking, heterosexual sex for any other purpose than creating a child would also be looked upon as wrong in God's eyes; even between a married couple. (I believe this is technically the Catholic line of thinking regarding sex, yes?)

Heterosexual couples engage in anal sex without disease or harm, so why not homosexuals? It doesn't make sense to say that heterosexual couples can engage in sex as a symbol of love between them, but that homosexual couples cannot. Then again, IMO, the bible was written by a bunch of opinionated, stodgy dudes with a superiority complex.

zibbler

Monkey
Keep in mind, these people on this web site are of the lunatic fringe. Most christians are not like that. Unfortunately it's the wackos that make the rest of the christians look bad. I read through some of the garbage they had on their site and I was appalled. I was going to e-mail them, but realized it would fall on deaf ears. People like that aren't even worth the energy. The good new is that God will judge them more severely, because they have warped and perverted his word.

I didn't feel like you were flaming me. I was just slipping on my asbestos suit in case a flame thrower was aimed in my direction. :D

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by El Jefe

If in fact you subscribe to the ideal that men and women were created by God to facilitate procreation of mankind, then by that line of thinking, heterosexual sex for any other purpose than creating a child would also be looked upon as wrong in God's eyes; even between a married couple. (I believe this is technically the Catholic line of thinking regarding sex, yes?)
Again, I didn't write the book, just telling what it says. I really don't want to get into a huge debate about this, because it would take pages and pages of stuff to discuss. But along this line, God designed sex to be pleasurable. He wanted a husband and wife to enjoy the intimacy not only on a physical level, but also on an emotional level. That's why adultry hurts so much. Because it destroys intimacy and "oneness"

Heterosexual couples engage in anal sex without disease or harm, so why not homosexuals? It doesn't make sense to say that heterosexual couples can engage in sex as a symbol of love between them, but that homosexual couples cannot. Then again, IMO, the bible was written by a bunch of opinionated, stodgy dudes with a superiority complex.
That's not really true. I have know a gay guy since I was a teen. He is now unable to do may things he once could, due to the fact that he is attached to a colostomy bag because his anus is so stretched out he would crap himself without it. In addition to that he has had several infections. He is no longer a "practicing" homosexual.

I have also known females that have engaged in anal sex that have had severe infections ranging fron bladder infections, kidney infections, and even worse, blood stream infections.

Hell, I've known junkies that love the high of heroin, and have ruined their bodies and lives. Just because something may "feel" good, doesn't mean it's good for you or the right thing to do. Alcohol is legal, but how many people have abused that and destroyed their lives or the lives of others because of it? . I'm not judging anyone. It's not my place to do it.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag

That's not really true. I have know a gay guy since I was a teen. He is now unable to do may things he once could, due to the fact that he is attached to a colostomy bag because his anus is so stretched out he would crap himself without it. In addition to that he has had several infections. He is no longer a "practicing" homosexual.

I have also known females that have engaged in anal sex that have had severe infections ranging fron bladder infections, kidney infections, and even worse, blood stream infections.

So if two men (or women) indulged in sex that did not involve anal penetration (e.g. oral) would that be OK?

I'm not so sure that adultery is so unenjoyable either. If it were would so many people still do it?

You've entered a dangerous area here, but I think it's brave of you to do so....

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Originally posted by El Jefe

I can't speak for Catholics, but I'm a Free Methodist and we are down with the joys of married sex for pleasure. :)

The Song of Songs (or Solomon) from the Old Testement is

"...a linked chain of lyrics depicting love in all its spontaneity, beauty, power and exlusiveness -- experienced in its varied moments of seperation and intimacy, anguish and ecstasy, tension and contentment." (Introduction to Song of Songs , The NIV Study Bible 10th Anniversary Ed. 1995)

God designed us (humans) to be sensual beings. In the context of marriage, sex is a gift to shared with your partner, and to be enjoyed by both.

The Bible teaches that, and I hold it to be a truth. My two cents.

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
The Catechism teaches that sex is OK between a married couple whether you plan to procreate or not, as long as there are no artificial barriers to conception (i.e., artificial birth control). So, the rhythm method is fine, and sex for pleasure is fine as long as the chance for procreation is not artificially impeded.

"The Brown Zone is for unloading only." :D

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal

Again, I didn't write the book, just telling what it says. I really don't want to get into a huge debate about this, because it would take pages and pages of stuff to discuss. But along this line, God designed sex to be pleasurable. He wanted a husband and wife to enjoy the intimacy not only on a physical level, but also on an emotional level. That's why adultry hurts so much. Because it destroys intimacy and "oneness"

Hell, I've known junkies that love the high of heroin, and have ruined their bodies and lives. Just because something may "feel" good, doesn't mean it's good for you or the right thing to do. Alcohol is legal, but how many people have abused that and destroyed their lives or the lives of others because of it? . I'm not judging anyone. It's not my place to do it.
Since after studying the bible through grade school and into my college years, I consider it to be a half-way decent history book with a good bit of fiction thrown in, we're probably not going to see eye-to-eye on much here. Not that I discount the possiblity of a supreme being, but the bible was in fact written by men. Men who had their own ideas regarding how people should behave. Anyway, different topic altogether.

My argument is that logic would say that if God wants sex to be for procreation only, then pleasure sex between married couples is out. If sex for pleasure is OK, then why not between two men or two women? Let's say they are monogamous, what's the problem?

I didn't say anal sex isn't risky, but it sure doesn't mean you'll have problems. Estimates I read recently say that about a third of women allow their male partner to engage them in anal sex. You don't see a third of all sexually active women with anal sex related health problems do ya?

Just my $0.02 :monkey:

mr_dove

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
Denver, CO
I would have to concur with Zibbler. Her comments are wise and informed. Man and woman were made for each other. Any other combination is a perversion of God's intentions. Sex is for procreation and pleasure between a married couple. The anus is "exit only" for heterosexual or homosexual activities, which means that heterosexual couples shouldn't be playing at the back door either.

God does not hate homosexuals, but he does hate homosexuality, just as he hates all sin. Don't think that he singles out homosexuals either. Premarital sex is just as bad and that probably covers the majority of people (who don't repent). I'm probably one of the only people I know who waited until after marriage.

Tweak commented that Jesus died for everyone, but my understanding is that Jesus died for all those who repent and are baptised in his name (and fulfill all the other "Christian" duties).

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Originally posted by Serial Midget

I've tried this line too but, so far, it hasn't worked for me... :p oops I think I said too much. :eek:
Yeah, it's probably more like one in 10, but some guy who wanted a little umm, well you know....:eek: padded the results to try to convince his wife to give it a go. :eek: :D

Pistol

Chimp
Jul 8, 2002
SD
Originally posted by mr_dove
Sex is for procreation and pleasure between a married couple. . . God does not hate homosexuals, but he does hate homosexuality, just as he hates all sin.
So is homosexuality still a sin if the enthusiasts don't have sex?

mr_dove

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
Denver, CO

So is homosexuality still a sin if the enthusiasts don't have sex?
this is all just my interpretation:

well, homosexuality is always a sin and God hates the sin NOT the sinner. Some would argue that a homosexual who has given up the lifestyle (etc.) is no longer a homosexual. Others would compare it more to alcoholism (once an alcoholic, always and alcoholic). Keep in mind though, that homosexuality is more than just anal sex. There are other elements which are seperate from the sex act itsself. You don't stop being a homosexual JUST by abstaining from sex.

Nevertheless, abstaining from the sex is usually the first step in the process for someone who is looking for a lifestyle change.

God doesn't make homosexuals that way. We all undergo certain trials during the course of our lives. For many it is adultery and for others it is alcohol or drugs, but God has said that he will not test us beyond our ability to endure. Anyone can endure these trials, unless you try to do it alone.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Originally posted by Silver
All I'm going to say is:

Jesus sure had it right when he prayed, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."
"I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything."
Bart Simpson

Silver, and others ...I personally don't spend a lot of time hammering over the Old Testement, I live under a new covenent with God. Now there are some Christians who try to live under Mosiatic law, but I'm not one of them.

That said, I haven't personally known a lot truly "partnered up" gay people. A few couples at best. That bothers me. Not because their gay, but because they are way to slutty...:rolleyes: And if for some reason the "New Law" allows homosexuality, which some argue it does (United Methodist has gay pastors) it doesn't allow sleeping around or pre-marital nooky.

Also for the record Wildmon is a bozo. He is also a United Methodist Pastor...hmmmmm. Intresting.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Originally posted by mr_dove

Tweak commented that Jesus died for everyone, but my understanding is that Jesus died for all those who repent and are baptised in his name (and fulfill all the other "Christian" duties).
See that line of thinking, I believe is all wrong. I mean I could point out plenty of people who have lived a virtuous life but because they aren't baptized they won't go to heaven? Its kinda like that whole you can't be the President of the United States unless you were born in the US.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Wouldn't it be cool if the gay community started something akin to the Black Panthers? They could call themselves the Pink Lions and beat the piss out of people who condone violence towards gays.
Dude up here in LA that had this whole thing about homosexuals being beaten a month ago. There was this one story on the news about the Halloween party in West Hollywood. There was this gay fellow dressed up as Cinderella who was confronted by a group of drunk fellas looking to start a hate crime. In the end two of those guys got sent to the hospital...I mean how the hell can you EVER live that down? "Yeah man...I got my a$$ beat by some dude in a Cinderella costume"

Pistol

Chimp
Jul 8, 2002
SD
Originally posted by Dog Welder
In the end two of those guys got sent to the hospital...I mean how the hell can you EVER live that down? "Yeah man...I got my a$$ beat by some dude in a Cinderella costume"

Stories like this make me smile from ear to ear. It almost makes me want to try the same thing, except that I'd make an ugly Cinderella. . .

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA

Oh my god, that's so funny. I'm cracking up :D :D :D .

I love that kind of phrasing, making god sound like a normal dude.... "even if it grosses Him out, why would he care?" The capital H is best. It really shouldn't bother the Dude that much.

My friend courtney has gone to Christian college, and was raised as such. She was going to try to get into the seminary ( if that's what it's called), but now she's heading towards political science at a public college. She's got some interesting insight into the feelings many christians and religous people have towards the gay subject...

They've been raised, and take for granted, that "gay" is a disease, something you choose to do, and/or fruits of the devil. They're not treating homosexuals like humans deserve to be treated, because of those notions.... Otherwise, many gay-haters are caring, loving people, but their love doesn't apply to homosexuals, who have been "dehumanized", I guess.

I don't know if this line of reasoning would work on someone in that category, but an argument that works for me is:

Imagine how much you take for granted your own attraction to the opposite sex. It's ingrained (sp?) in you, and you can feel it. You feel an attraction, something is pushing towards the opposite sex. Well, now imagine that you had that same passionate, loving feeling, but it pushed towards members of your own sex. You didn't choose it, it's ingrained in you, and it's a part of you--just as attraction to the opposite sex is taken for granted by heterosexuals. Yeah, the argument boils down to, "Are you able to choose what you're attracted to?" No.

True "gay-haters" would probably answer this with, "No, they choose to do it (referencing influence from the devil)" or they wouldn't be able to empathize long enough to understand the argument, which is required for it to even make sense.

Moderate anti-gay people preach less hate, and try to use the solution "You've got to go to that [gay] person, and help them. They're sick, and you've got to help and support them into changing they're ways."

The current majority leader in congress, Tom Dashle (please correct me here) can be seen in one of michael moore's "The Awful Truth" episodes explaining this crazy movement to accept gay people as they are, and suggests the moderate solution above.
It's the episode titled "The Sodomobile," where they drive a pink RV through all the states that have sodomy laws and harrass the people and pastor who have actually protested at homosexual funerals. We probably won't be able to change the thinking of people like that until they realize that homosexuals are just as human as everyone is, and it's ok.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Exodus 31:15 - Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
Exodus 35:2
Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.
God also didn't want people to do any work on the sabbath and if they did to be killed, but I don't see mobs of christian soldiers slaughtering mall employees on the weekends. So why don't the pious partake in this particular command from god?

Gay people are just an easy target for the ignorant, the same is true today as it was when the bible was written.

mr_dove

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
Denver, CO
Originally posted by Tenchiro

God also didn't want people to do any work on the sabbath and if they did to be killed, but I don't see mobs of christian soldiers slaughtering mall employees on the weekends. So why don't the pious partake in this particular command from god?

Gay people are just an easy target for the ignorant, the same is true today as it was when the bible was written.
the law is still the same, God does not want people working or patronizing businesses on the Sabbath, but the penalty is much less than it was in under Mosaic (given to Moses) Law. It is still a sin, but not punishable by death. Many Christians do their best to keep the sabbath day holy as the commandment says, although there are many who do not.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
May I remind you of the Levitical penalty for adultery? Or for dishonoring your parents?

Oh, and of course, no tattoos. That's in there too. A don't ever put on your girlfriend's panties either, God's not stoked on that. (Obligatory Simpsons quote: "Marge, you being the cop makes you the man, which makes me the woman, and I have NO interest in that, besides occasionally wearing the underwear...which as we discussed, was strictly a comfort thing.")

There is scary scary stuff in Bible. I find it interesting which parts we ignore and which parts we take as gospel.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Tenchiro

Dude - somebody has got to cook brunch for all those hungry Christians. :D