Quantcast

Holy sh!t, I'm lucky.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
O.K., so I go into work this AM, and kinda had a falling out with the boss, upshot is it was brewing, and we are both MUCH happpier with me not continuing on at that particular little job. (Yes, I quit, wasn't fired).

That's all fine and good, and is of no real importance.

HOWEVER...instead of taking the day to ski on the pass, I had a nagging feeling that I needed to come home and deal with a few things...(My wife asked why I wasn't skiing/riding, given that I was now free, and it is a HUGE pow day, and I replied that 'I needed to get my ducks in a row').

ANYHOO, I came home ten minutes ago, walk in, and smell the worst smell...gas. The stove had been accidentally turned on, with no flame, by the cat sometime this AM. Turned on high.
I have no doubt that if I had stayed at work, or gone to play, the house would have exploded sometime during the day.

MORAL:
If you are unhappy, change your situation. Maybe, just maybe, you can avoid a massive tragedy whilst doing so.
Peace.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Wow! Glad you caught that!

And that's a good way to look at life. I constantly am thankful for the decisions I make figuring the other would've lead to castration.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
O.K., so I go into work this AM, and kinda had a falling out with the boss, upshot is it was brewing, and we are both MUCH happpier with me not continuing on at that particular little job. (Yes, I quit, wasn't fired).

That's all fine and good, and is of no real importance.

HOWEVER...instead of taking the day to ski on the pass, I had a nagging feeling that I needed to come home and deal with a few things...(My wife asked why I wasn't skiing/riding, given that I was now free, and it is a HUGE pow day, and I replied that 'I needed to get my ducks in a row').

ANYHOO, I came home ten minutes ago, walk in, and smell the worst smell...gas. The stove had been accidentally turned on, with no flame, by the cat sometime this AM. Turned on high.
I have no doubt that if I had stayed at work, or gone to play, the house would have exploded sometime during the day.

MORAL:
If you are unhappy, change your situation. Maybe, just maybe, you can avoid a massive tragedy whilst doing so.
Peace.

wait a sec...the wife knew you'd be home all day, and all of a sudden the CAT learned how to turn the gas on high??? :twitch:

ps:I'd check the cubarbs for rat poison and arsenic

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I did the gas thing once. I had the bike in the kitchen getting ready for a ride. I guess when I grabbed it to go out the door the handlebars hit the gas knob and turned the burner on(pilotless). The wife said she smelled the gas when she pulled up in the driveway.:shocked:

We also had the dog jump up and turn the gas on, but turned the knob far enough that he got to the electric start position. Unfortuntely, a non stick pot was on the stove. That is a nasty smell.