Quantcast

Holy wind batman!

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
To hell with this wind. Was planning on doing some building tomorrow, think I'll wait. Being surrounded by trees with 50+ MPH gusts isn't a bright plan. Pretty slow on here tonight, I imagine a lot of you guys probably don't have power. I'm sure mine will be out soon, lights have been flickering on and off for the last couple hours. Stay safe everyone.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
ha i know what you mean, over hear in pullman its 50+ mph wind with snow and rain, and to top it all off thunder and lighting...i hate pullman :disgust:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I'm not sure how we didn't end up losing power last night:shocked: Our fence blew over about 2a and slammed into the side of the house which sucks, but it could have been much worse.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
haha well my school has 2 hour delay, thats good :-)

down side is, last night before the winds picked up I tied down the 2, 8ft+ longX 5ft+wide tarps I have on my ramps in my driveway...but Im affraid the things wripped off or something. :-/

crap.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
We went to the open house at FSA last night and the drive home was a real Mother. I thought I was back living in tornado alley. It was raining so hard I thought I was the lone flat rock in a pasture filled with cows. That Stealers Wheel song "Stuck in the middle with you" kept popping into my head cause Cosmic and S Weasle rode done with me.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I was at the FSA christmas party too, I won the carbon gravity bars in the raffle! sweet! my wife and I left about 9:45 cuz she had to work this morning, wasn't too bad for us.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
ha i know what you mean, over hear in pullman its 50+ mph wind with snow and rain, and to top it all off thunder and lighting...i hate pullman :disgust:
Yeah, this morning I got up and the toneau cover had been ripped off my truck, no real damage but it sucked puting it back on by myself. We lost power twice during the night, too.

I also pissed the bed because my house is old and I thought it was going to rip in half.

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
Well I ended up losing power completely at about 11PM. Transformer blew, most god awful sound I've ever heard in my life, followed by a flash of super green light. The power came back on at some point early this morning, I have an aquarium in my room and I heard the pump gurgle and start up this morning. In all, really surprised we had power restored after maybve 4-5 hours. Glad everyone else made it through, it was crazy.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I had a hoot on my ride home from work last night (U Dist > W Sea). Had to re-route myself at least three times, came across a sweet mudslide under the W. Sea. Bridge and got home to no power and a little water made it into the entryway of my place...GOOD TIMES!!!
From what my neighbor just told me, we're one of the few areas in W. Sea with power. I guess from just south of my place all the way to Federal Way they're still w/o power.

And to think that winter doesn't start until next week.:monkeydance:

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
My luck sucks. Last night around midnight, I was on my way to winning a Full Tilt round of poker. The top 9 qualified for a playoff that gave out seven trips and buy ins to the big poker tournement in Australia. Big stakes!

There was 150 people out of 1800 left in the round I had the third highest chip count, we'd been playing for three hours. I was in a heads up contest. I had a full house and had baited the other one into thinking I had less. Then the power went out. :bonk:

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
crazy for sure. We were very lucky one of the trees in our backyard decided to fall away from the house instead of on top of it. We actually saw it go down at about 1 am.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
thursday night was crazy! Pullman got up to 88 miles an hour, and 3/4 of town lost power. It was a trip driving around downtown, with no street lights, no store lights, well no lights anywhere. I'm just glad I wasn't in the bars when they lost power. tree's everywhere, store awnings ripped off, roofers making tons of money. At one point we were out leaning into the wind and my glasses flew about 30 feet off my face. Then I had to pry the car door open with both hands, and jump in before it smashed me. It was a late night to say the least

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
You guys had it easy... Try taking care of an elderly woman who's running out of firewood, oxygen, with a couple of tree's on the house....

Meanwhile i lucked out on leaving my truck on the correct side of the parking lot. Couple of fatty tree's wanted to land on it, and a tree landed on my apartment building but my unit was a few doors down.

Frikkin crazy couple of days, it all started out getting out of Collonade late and fighting a bunch of a-holes and flooding Seattle city streets, the Seahawks lost, and it continued to go downhill from there. i'm ready to frikkin go on vacation to Hawaii...