Quantcast

Holzfeller isis BB

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
My current BB (probably a gigapipe) needs to be replaced. Is it true that the Howitzer won't fit regular isis Holzfellers? The bigger external bearings would probably last a lot longer. I don't know that I would want my pedals out further. Maybe it's worth it?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
That is absolutly true. The howizter is much much wider, and is howitzer crank specific.

P.S. Maybe get some newer cranks to go with the BB? they are a load stronger, If not hit me up at fontana this weekend if your there, I might have a BB you can have

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
ummmm, your talking about two different things. Howitzer and Isis are interfaces between the cranks and bb. Holzfeller is the name of the cranks themselves. a couple years ago, the Holzfellers used an isis interface. now, they use a Howitzer interface, and the two are not compatable.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I'd like to get some XT cranks.

Maybe I should just get some XT cranks eventually, and get your BB? I'm pretty sure my bb shell is 68mm. Would XT cranks fit that?

edit: The Howitzer won't work with my isis cranks, so my only option with these is to get a gigapipe.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I'd like to get some XT cranks.

Maybe I should just get some XT cranks eventually, and get your BB? I'm pretty sure my bb shell is 68mm. Would XT cranks fit that?

edit: The Howitzer won't work with my isis cranks, so my only option with these is to get a gigapipe.
XT will not work on an Isis drive, those are Octalink, I wasnt saying to use your old cranks on the new, but to go ahead and get new cranks. If your going to go shimano, get the saints!!!!!

I was going to ask, 68 or 73, I have a couple diffeent BB's One RF 68 only, and a gigapipe 73. But the 73 is shimable to a 68. Find me at Fontana this weekend, I will try to remember, Maybe shoot me a Message.....

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I wouldn't throw some XT's on the isis bb. :rofl: I was talking about a whole XT crankset.

I'm pretty sure it's a 68. It says 68 and 73 on my bb and the threads stick out a bit. Thanks! I'll be there.

just get some XT cranks eventually, and get your BB for now?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I just put both BB's in the truck, Your welcome to both. Find me with the Green S10 with all the random bike stickers this weekend.

Yeah all truvative BB's read 68/73 they came with a spacer that you would install on the drive side for a 68mm shell.

See you there!!!!!