Quantcast

Home Electric Heaters

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have a similar one from costco, just not wall mountable, that we use in the bedroom in the dead of winter. Heating the room where you are >> heating the whole damn house's airspace.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I have a similar one from costco, just not wall mountable, that we use in the bedroom in the dead of winter. Heating the room where you are >> heating the whole damn house's airspace.
Yeah thats the thing I guess is we have a wood stove that does a good job of heating the house but doesn't quite make it throughout the whole house. I would love to supplement some areas with electric.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I have a small electric underneath the desk in my office..... In fact the air vent for the office is closed off so that that room gets left alone from the ac and heat seeing its not used too often. Works great, got a two pack of them for twenty bucks at savon. Its small, efficient, heats the whole damn room, two fan settings and an internal thermostat.

Great idea for heating a small area like an office, much better than heating the entire area when you dont need to.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Wear thicker socks and a Snuggie, hehe. But really the heater you linked is pretty good as long as you get the one that has the floor mount option so you can move it around. On a side note the oil heaters at Wal-Mart/Costco type of stores work very well. I have a pos Sunbeam vertical heater that only works well if you are within 3ft of it and it sucks electricty. Good luck and don't freeze your a$$ off.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I only ever get cold when I'm sitting down and not moving. A heating pad on the back of my chair works great.