Quantcast

Home made cars...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is how kit cars are made. The kit car concept has been around since before the 70's. Those are nice, but it is far from a new concept. People have been turning Pontiac Fieros into cars worth while for years.

www.kitcar.com is a good place to start.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
If you want to build your own car and have something that will smoke ANYTHING in the corners, then check out the Caterham Super 7. Check out the videos at the link; the cars haul, and you can build them right out of the freight box.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Good craftsmanship on both of them, but neither looks quite right. And you know damn sure they won't sound the same.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
kidwoo said:
Dude.......pain cries are the best cries.......emotional or physical.
Sh!t that was funny...

Homemade car to me is....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
sam_little said:
Yep, but I think it kills the atom in every road test.
I couldn't find any stats. The Atom can be had for $35k with your choice of colors. I have a friend who is waiting to buy one as soon as the US model is available.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
jimmydean said:
I couldn't find any stats. The Atom can be had for $35k with your choice of colors. I have a friend who is waiting to buy one as soon as the US model is available.

I would absolutely die and go to heaven if I owned one.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My favorite is still a Datsun Z turned 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. These can be built for about $15k for everything and the only major difference from the original is the back window (Datsun hatch vs a trunk). The last real GTO sold at auction a few years ago for $14.6 million

Fake

Real

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Tenchiro said:
Reminds me of the Ariel Atom.

:drool:

Thank You..

I've been trying to remember what the hell this was called ever since I saw it on Top Gear 3-4 months ago.

Amazing car. 0-60 in 2.91 seconds.
It can go from 0-100 and back full stop before my car hits 60mph.