Quantcast

Home Runs Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
What a surprise that it comes at the same time as the steroid crackdown. wait a second - it's not just me thinking that...

"A lot of guys who were hitting them haven't been hitting them," Florida's Lenny Harris said. "I think the drug policy had a lot to do with it. It changed a lot of guys' diets. There are too many people having off years."

"Several stars had huge power drops, many because of long-term injuries. San Francisco's Barry Bonds went from 45 to two as of Monday, Philadelphia's Jim Thome from 42 to seven and St. Louis' Scott Rolen from 34 to five."

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I like baseball.

People love saying how much they hate certain sports.

Post an NFL thread. "I hate football, ride a bike"

Post a hockey thread: "I hate hockey, go ride a bike"

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Craw said:
I like baseball.

People love saying how much they hate certain sports.

Post an NFL thread. "I hate football, ride a bike"

Post a hockey thread: "I hate hockey, go ride a bike"
i hate them all. does that help at all?

go ride your bike.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Uh Scott Rolen has been injured for most of the season. A lot of the games he played in he was injured. Leave Rolen out of this argument.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
gschuette said:
Uh Scott Rolen has been injured for most of the season. A lot of the games he played in he was injured. Leave Rolen out of this argument.
That's what I get for trusting the media at face value. Haven't followed baseball seriously for 20 years, but am still suspicious that older guys are (were, it looks) hitting way more home runs than they were as younger players. The rest of the article had better quotes (although I should doubt their accuracy now.)