Quantcast

home taping is killing the music industry...and it's about time

J

JRB

I saw on some cds that since Napster got shut down, they started selling blank cds. That's a big flip off to the record industry. Hell - they don't even have records any more and we ain't yellin "change your name". Sheesh

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Remember how the record companies almost went outta bidnus when cassette recorders were included on hi fi record players?

Hey in case you didn't see my other post...thanks for the CD's...looking forward to hearing them. LOVE the covers, EXCEPT for the spider. Thanks, I appreciate you doing all that. I was asking if you like punk...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Anybody seen the new licenses created by one of the writers for WIRED mag? Collectively it's called "Creative Commons" there are multiple licenses within that allow for the music under it to be used for various things such as non-commercial reproduction and sampling/mashing. Pretty cool stuff. WIRED gave away a CD full of music licensed under CC with a recent issue, it had the Beastie's, David Byrne and quite a few other great musicians. There was also a great article about the music industry in the mag. :thumb: