Quantcast

Homebrew Downhill Hardtail

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Nice one. Super low, long front, short rear. Should make for an interesting ride, that's for sure!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Finally a frame with a low BB height, a similar fame for a 6" fork would be awesome.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
If you read the article, The frame was setup for a 6" fork. the boxxer has been chopped down. Such a bad ass hardtail.
Yeah I read that after posting and was too lazy to edit it, if it was 135mm rear spacing and 68mm BB it would be perfect, well for me anyway.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Yeah I don't get the 150mm rear, 135 with SS wheel(6speed), would be fine. 73mm BB but.
Such a rad bike but. Nice lines etc, nice thin stays for some compliance, overall looks well thought out. 6" is heaps of travel, I'd probably rather a touch less.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
^ Was thinking the same, but thought he might have had the parts from an existing build, and perhaps wanted the availability for spares at races.

Anyone notice the neat mitering? Barely any gap. I thought that and the welds were impressive for a garage build.

ZenkiGarage

Monkey
Jan 9, 2007
Portland, Or
were you not building something similar at one point?
lol, you remember that? Yeah. I got the main tubes, head tube, bb, and seat tube all welded up, started a new job and never finished it. Then cut it up cause i needed the tubes. I still have the jig sitting up in my rafters. Someday I'll build one. After seeing this one built I think i would change some of my geo though.

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
Yeah I read that after posting and was too lazy to edit it, if it was 135mm rear spacing and 68mm BB it would be perfect, well for me anyway.
he couldn't slap on a 2.5 tire if it were 68mm, chainguide clearance issues. i have enough room for a 2.5 in my fireeye spitfire yet 2.3 dissent on a s-type is pretty damn close to the chainguide.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My hardtail has a 68mm BB I run a guide and 2.5" tyres no dramas, if I get a custom frame done I will have it the same.