Quantcast

Honda Ridgeline?

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
dexter said:
supercharged, 5 speed 2000 4runner. with a few mods iv done it will **** on a wrx and once the water injection kit goes on it will be bangin. also has black 22's on it with running boards currently.

Damnit son... They are suposed to look like this...

Ok.. well thats a second gen, yours is a 3rd. Same difference. SAS.

Or. SAS'd Taco

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
=[Stinky]= said:
Damnit son... They are suposed to look like this...

Ok.. well thats a second gen, yours is a 3rd. Same difference. SAS.

Or. SAS'd Taco
A couple of nice examples. I like the styling on the 'Runner better, but the Taco has some nice features (flip down light bar? Axle-mounted fenders?). BTW it looks like it might have manual hubs on the rear axle? Whoa.

The SAS bug is a killer. Fortunately my Trooper is a daily driver and I'm broke, so IFS w/33s is the limit for me.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Fathead said:
A couple of nice examples. I like the styling on the 'Runner better, but the Taco has some nice features (flip down light bar? Axle-mounted fenders?). BTW it looks like it might have manual hubs on the rear axle? Whoa.

The SAS bug is a killer. Fortunately my Trooper is a daily driver and I'm broke, so IFS w/33s is the limit for me.

yeah.... the 2nd gen runners are cool. Im rocking a first generation 4runner with 33s and IFS wooohoo SAS is comming this summer hopefully and some 35s too. We'll see. Yeah, that taco is siiiiick its the one Petersens 4wheel Drive mag used on the ultimate adventure. its got way to many goodies. The axel mounted fenders are awesome. flip down lightbar, it uses LED rock lights, 3 undercarriage webcams... yeah, I believe its a full floating rear axle.

Heres mine...

And a fun video link to my truck. VIDEO Save target as, or wait for it to load. its .MOV 7megs

What year trooper? A buddy of mine has a 88 with the turbo motor and 31s. Its a blast to drive... A lot more tho heavy than my 4runner tho.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
=[Stinky]= said:
What year trooper? A buddy of mine has a 88 with the turbo motor and 31s. Its a blast to drive... A lot more tho heavy than my 4runner tho.
Yours is a nice truck. I love the 1st gens. . . it's too bad they let go of the topless option.

My Trooper is a '99, w/3" lift, 285s, manual hubs, and Ranchos 9000s. I've done all I'm gonna do, except for maybe trying to recover some front downtravel (TBs are cranked 2", I'm thinking longer shocks and moving the bumpstops a little).

Yes, Troopers are much heavier. Mine's about 4600lbs.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
I meant much more top heavy... SCARY vehicle at highspeed while cornering.

The 2.7 turbo'd 4 will light the tires up in 4wheel drive. Its great. Im running ball joint spacers on my uper control arms. I didt a torsion crank too. The BJ spacers are 1.5" and give an addition inch of donwtravel... Dunno if they are available for Isuzu's. It would probably be pretty easy to machine a set.....
they look like this...

ANdrew

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
SkaredShtles said:
Reality check:

Do people *really* pay $30k+ for a fuggin' *pickup* truck??!? :confused: :think:

Please tell me you're kidding..........

-S.S.-

4dr limited, Leather, 6 disk, 4x4.... just over 30K... you gotta problem with that?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Booker said:
But pretty much any truck with a 6'+ bed can haul all the bikes and gear you need. The kicker is cab size. A crew cab truck can comfortable hold 4 adults on long road trips, I have squeezed 5 people in there but i had some complants after 5 hours. .
Ha, the reason that you wanted a crew cab if the exact reason I did not. :D
I don't want 4 DHers in my car on a long trip, and when shuttling, I surely don't want 4 dhers in my ride with smelly Dianese suits on. That is why I wanted the longer bed, so they can sit their smelly azzes on it. :thumb:
This all stems from a 17 hour drive to Vermont in my old 4-runner. The smell from the back never really went away. :dead: ;)

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
SkaredShtles said:
Dude. Did you pay >$30k for a *pickup*??!?

-S.S.-

To Each their own..

Some people pay over 30k for a car, same thing... Some people pay 80k for a car.
Just b/c it's a pickup I'm supposed to pay less?
:rolleyes: Whatever.
If I couldn't afford it I wouldn't ahve bought it.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Jeremy R said:
Ha, the reason that you wanted a crew cab if the exact reason I did not. :D
I don't want 4 DHers in my car on a long trip, and when shuttling, I surely don't want 4 dhers in my ride with smelly Dianese suits on. That is why I wanted the longer bed, so they can sit their smelly azzes on it.
Oh man, i hear you there. The smell of pits and ass never really left my truck after summer time shuttleing. I am use to the stink but i have had people tell me it smells like a highschool locker room. :oink:

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
SkaredShtles said:
Dude. Did you pay >$30k for a *pickup*??!?
-S.S.-
I don't understand where you are coming from. I am definatly more willing to spend $$$ on a truck rather than a car. A 30K truck is way more usefull than a 30k car. At least with a truck you get a vehical that can be put to work. A car on the other hand is useless for anything other than hauling people. If anything i would understand paying more for a truck over a car.

I will think of you the next time a see someone at the lumber yard . In a two door hatch back tying 8' decking to their roof rack using twine. :D

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Booker said:
I don't understand where you are coming from. I am definatly more willing to spend $$$ on a truck rather than a car. A 30K truck is way more usefull than a 30k car. At least with a truck you get a vehical that can be put to work. A car on the other hand is useless for anything other than hauling people. If anything i would understand paying more for a truck over a car.

I will think of you the next time a see someone at the lumber yard . In a two door hatch back tying 8' decking to their roof rack using twine. :D

Whatever... don't even pay attention to him.
If you live in the Sticks where a nice house costs $80,000 then yes, $30k is a lot to pay on a truck. for the price of 3 trucks you have a sweet pad.

Here, I couldn't find anything other than an apartment in the dangerous part of town for the price of TEN $30k pickups. And the pickup would still be bigger than the apartment ;)

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
you guys notice that ever since this thread went past 2 pages the ad that keeps popping up at the top?

Coincidence? Or "The Man" in action?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
god stinky i want that taco or a first gen for a trail rig with a 7mget engine dropped in. my truck has just been to pretty to mess up by 4wheelsing it, shes a street queen.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
A mechanic I know has said the 05 Tacomas have issues. He's replaced a few trannies and 1 rear diff.

I realy like the look of the Ridgeline, but that's comming from a guy that drives an Element. It's(Ridgeline) a neat looking rig, and I like the unibody styling.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
skared if you only knew, i actually am pretty metro, designer jeans, burberry polos, lacoste shirts all that jaz i catch so much **** for it in the bike circle and from my friends

and god do i ever want a tundra mmmmm iforce v8 charged on big chromies

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
dexter said:
god stinky i want that taco or a first gen for a trail rig with a 7mget engine dropped in. my truck has just been to pretty to mess up by 4wheelsing it, shes a street queen.

Haha its 7mgte... Anywho, hope you have a donor supra mkIII, or $6k I have looked into it. Its a great swap, just a lot of work. I totally do it, but i dont need anything forcing air into my motor offroad... Ultimate hydrolock. heh.
Good to see you got your head on straight. If I would swap anything into the Runner, which I wont, beceause i still have atleast another 80k miles to drive on the motor. It would be to swap in a chevy vortec 3.4L 6cycl. You dont need buttloads of power... unless your mudding. Its all about gearing.

ridecruz888

Chimp
Feb 8, 2005
that thing looks like plastic to me. why not just go all truck if you want one? if you're lookin for seats get an suv. that beds not gonna fit anything in the bed near big enough to consider it a truck.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dexter said:
skared if you only knew, i actually am pretty metro, designer jeans, burberry polos, lacoste shirts all that jaz i catch so much **** for it in the bike circle and from my friends
wait until you get off mammy/pappy's teat and start paying for your own stuff.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
narlus said:
wait until you get off mammy/pappy's teat and start paying for your own stuff.
well actually i pay for most of my own **** so back off before you start talkin ****. my mom is in the fashion biz so i have the hook up there clothing wise. car wise i know a lot of peeps that have hook upsmthrough street racing and can hook up **** at low prices.

and the comment about my parents go **** yourself my parents have money so what, all of their parents have before them an di love them for that and appreciate it more than you will ever know, so dont go off on me as some spoiled rich kid who doesnt give a **** about ****

oh and on that wait i dont pay for my bikes, neither do my parents. what up now. dont talk ****

koffee

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
Elements rule!!!! I can fit 3 bikes, 2 dogs, 3 people, and all of our gear. I just sold my F-150 lightning for it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yo metro dexter - i suppose you pay room, board and tuition for Uni too, eh. :rolleyes: you certainly read a lot into my reference to "mammy" and "pappy", vis a vis their financial status. you must do mindreading and no-footed 360s for mad cash too.