Quantcast

Honeymoon pics. (get your mind out of the gutter!)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Vegas kicked ass as we said earlier. It was a blur, just the way Vegas is supposed to be.

After Vegas, which kicked ass (did I say that Vegas kicked ass yet ;) ), we headed back east stopping in Zion Nat'l Park first.

Zion was awesome. We hiked the narrows, hung out in the shadow of breathtaking mountains, recouped from Vegas, & ate some bad-ass Vietnameese.

After Zion we were going to go to Brian Head but the lifts werent running (it was in the middle of the week) so we decided to spend an extra day in Moab. Moab kicked ass & kicked our asses too. We always leave Moab hurting which is good. :D But what is not good, is the fact that it left my bike huring too. Pics from Moab, Porcupine Rim, & the rest of our trip coming soon...I am lazy. :o:

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
Hey, great pics! Congrats!

Is that restaurant right outside of Zion, on the way to Virgin? I think I ate ther last summer when it was changing over.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Colin said:
Hey, great pics! Congrats!

Is that restaurant right outside of Zion, on the way to Virgin? I think I ate ther last summer when it was changing over.
that be the one. They didnt serve beer (damn utah-ans) so we went to the little camp store & they had a dank selection of microbrews, we should have stocked up.

yeah the narrows were awesome, I would like to hike the whole 16 miles one day.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
TN said:
that be the one. They didnt serve beer (damn utah-ans) so we went to the little camp store & they had a dank selection of microbrews, we should have stocked up.

yeah the narrows were awesome, I would like to hike the whole 16 miles one day.
didja have to do the odd thing of going next door to get a bottle of wine for dinner, and then pay a corking fee?

blue laws suck.

great pics! glad you two noolyweds are having a good time!

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
After Zion we hit Moab. We woke up early got hooked up with a shuttle & headed for Porcupine Rim.

At the trailhead.

Pushin' up.

We chilled out at the top in a tiny spot of shade, enjoyed a tiny bit of shade, & got all juiced up for the descent. The view from the top was unbelievable. It was sooo quiet out there too, when the wind would stop blowing you could hear nothing......& then the voices started again.

Leeeezard.

Getting suited up.

The ride was awesome despite a f'n mechanical failure from hell, barely sirvivng a dust storm, racing the thunder boomers chasing us & finally racing the bike shops closing.

I'm on the rock.

Well....at mile 7 my pedal started wobbling. So I look down & my threads in crank arm are gone & all that is there is smooth metal. Here is what happend that I didnt figure out until a few days later, I switched pedals before I left & had to borrow a really long pedal wrench from the LBS. The leverage helped remove the seized pedal but also trashed the threads on my crank arm. So I was pushing or coasting with my feet out. Lesson learned....the hard way.

It was still a great ride & I got to play on La's Bullit for some of the tasty drops I would have missed otherwise.

2/3rds of the way down t-storms start blowing in so we pick up the pace & quit playing around. We get to the corner of this canyon & a dust storm blows in & is blinding us & stinging our skin. It was really chaotic, thunder was clapping every other second, I was having to carry my bike, leave it & go back get La & her bike lead her while carrying her bike (I had sunglasses that kept most of the sand & dirt out my eyes). We just knew we were going to get caught in a flashflood, no thanks to pictures we saw in Zion warning of flashfloods & the picture on it showing a wash minutes apart, one shot being dry the other with a wall of water & debris rushing downstream. It said "a hiker would not survive". We chugged on through & rounded a bend & were out of it. When we got out La said she was wondering how to save her bike if we were caught in a flood. This cracked me up.

We made it to Rim Cylcery & I got set up with a new crank set. They rock & everyone there was super cool.

I have more pics of Moab I am going to post after I get them shrunk & stuff.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Nature has a way of showing who's boss now and then.

Man you guys are really getting me to wanna get down in the desert for some desert ridin....

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Skookum said:
Nature has a way of showing who's boss now and then.
QUOTE]

I think it is good to be humbled by something waaaaayyyyy more powerful than you every once in a while. That way you dont lose perpective.

Biggins-we are REALLY ready to come out & conquer some more Pisgah downhill once you get all healed up.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Ok, here are the rest of the Moab pix.

We wanted to cool off one day & went to hang out at the river & then deicided to drive up into the La-Sals where it was over 20 degrees cooler.

I love this shot & I cant shake the view out of my head. I feel like I have to drag everyone I care about to this spot & share the vista with them. I cant descirbe how beautiful it was & the showers blowing across the valley made it seem like something you only see in a painting.

another shot from Porcupine Rim.

We went to "Happy Hour" in Moab. But the waiter at this Mexican joint laughed when we asked about Happy Hour. Damn Mormons. But we had Happy Hour anyway. If you want an awesome margarita in Moab (or a dank-ass Mexican dinner) hit up the Baja Grill.

Us at the colorado river enjoying the sun & water. Next time we go to Moab we are gonna do some paddling.

After Moab....downhilling at Keystone.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
T-Pirate said:
The G-vegas Krew is healthy, we are like next best to locals, come ride anyway! :evil: Moab looks fun, cool stuff.
Pisgah is deffintely on the list of places to hit this summer but we are still trying to get to Louisville soon too. So much to ride & so little time!

Yeah Zion was beautiful. Southern Utah kicks ass & there is so much we want to explore out there, I guess we are gonna have to move. :D

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
You should've hit up Flying Monkey, Urnam & the Red Bull Freeride park when you went through Virgin!! Of course, it was probably 150 bajillion degrees in the shade there right now, so I could understand not wanting to ride.

Looks like you had an awesome time though! Moab is always good! :thumb:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
here are some shots from Keystone. there are not many, we were too busy riding & at one point I went over the bars from about 4' & land on my camelbak & the camera narrowly escaped.

on the lift.

on the lift again.

I think this is on Logger's Run.

view from the lift.

Keystone rocked. We stayed in this swanky jacuzzi suite on the top floor of the hotel which was the perfeect place to kick back after riding all day. And the riding still makes me smile. :D I think I rode everything except Wild Thing which I was too battered & bruised to ride. All of the freeride stuff they had built there kicked ass too. I rode a teeter totters for the first time which looked alot harder to clean than they are. We cant wait to go back!

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Leethal said:
Did you consider riding bootleg when you were in Vegas or is it just way too hot right now?
yeah, it was 105 the day we were at BC so we did one run & that is it, I played on the DJ's but not for long.

I think keystone was 5 hours from Moab.....Laura correct me if I am wrong.

May 4, 2004
a computer near you!
Congrats! Those pic's are awesome!! I really like the ones with the river running between the mountains, it reminds me when I went hiking in Tenn. last month, my group went along a river that led to a waterfall that we swam in.